This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
    Johnny appears to be doing good. I sure hope he can keep it between the lines. Not for a football comeback but just as a person and contributor to society. That press conference he did earlier in the week when he was traded in the CFL is proof that he looks good and has a clear mind.
    I would hope we can all agree with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      Time to get that Johnny rehab statue up…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Johnny appears to be doing good. I sure hope he can keep it between the lines. Not for a football comeback but just as a person and contributor to society. That press conference he did earlier in the week when he was traded in the CFL is proof that he looks good and has a clear mind.

A&M was able to capitalize on the Johnny Football hysteria and bring in a boat load of cash. The timing of his success and the move to the SEC could not have worked out better for the folks asking for money.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
        Did you really just admit kstate as a tough game? It certainly shouldn't be for a blue blood like texas, lolol!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

For Texas in recent history...….yes. Hence the kryptonite reference.

They have won the last 4 against your Aggy including a 2016 bowl game.
        Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 07-26-2018, 12:29 PM.

Comment

oktx's Official CFB Thread - Spring Season

Your right. He is a drama queen and twitter troll. Somebody will be glad they end up with him but I wouldn't be surprised to see him commit, decommit, and later sign at the end of the day with the original school he commits too. Much like Leon O'Neal last year.

I forgot to mention that he hasn't been back to TAMU since Brewer committed a recruiting violation on twitter involving Shepard and Green and that has set the Ags back a bit in his recruitment.

Green is committed so he’s free to come and go.
          Last edited by Chad C; 07-26-2018, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
            There is a lot more involved than just posting a number. College sports accounting is very fuzzy math and the numbers can be skewed to look however you need them to look.

I am not saying that A&M move to the SEC is not a lucrative one, because it is, but if they had stayed in the Big 12 there would not be as much of a gap as you are alluding to here.
            True, except that 6 of the top 10 teams on the list are SEC schools and the entire SEC is in the top 32. The next Big 12 school on the list below Texas is OU at 7, you then have to go to 27 to get to West Virginia. The entire SEC is making effectively the same or more than the top three schools in the Big 12.

There is an imbalance there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
              True, except that 6 of the top 10 teams on the list are SEC schools and the entire SEC is in the top 32. The next Big 12 school on the list below Texas is OU at 7, you then have to go to 27 to get to West Virginia. The entire SEC is making effectively the same or more than the top three schools in the Big 12.

There is an imbalance there.

I was just pointing out looking at the Texas A&M numbers gap would not be as large as you are alluding too and you can make those numbers look however you want.

Comment

The article is self explanatory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Oklahoma State reported $241 million in revenue (not adjusting for inflation) for 2006, when the NCAA was having the schools use a different methodology for their annual financial reporting than the one they use now. Oklahoma State reported $211 million in donations for that year. About $165 million came from Boone Pickens, largely for facility upgrades made over time.
                  He also made them invest in his hedge fund, then lost a bunch of value in the crash of 2008. The money was in the OSU account less than an hour. He got the tax benefit of the donation, then got to invest it

Comment

Originally posted by asttbe View Post
                    He also made them invest in his hedge fund, then lost a bunch of value in the crash of 2008. The money was in the OSU account less than an hour. He got the tax benefit of the donation, then got to invest it
                    It's good to be the King.

Comment

Younger Boyd LB suspended from Texas after altercation. He and his brother (a potential award winner) were in a pretty significant traffic accident on mopac and the person who hit them was apparently roughed up a bit. From what I read, the full story comes out tomorrow.

Come on guys... we're almost there!

Comment

Your right. He is a drama queen and twitter troll. Somebody will be glad they end up with him but I wouldn't be surprised to see him commit, decommit, and later sign at the end of the day with the original school he commits too. Much like Leon O'Neal last year.
                        He probably runs a little faster though.

Comment

Not that it matters but did anyone see the ESPN rankings on the past 21 BCS champs?

Hook’em

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                            Younger Boyd LB suspended from Texas after altercation. He and his brother (a potential award winner) were in a pretty significant traffic accident on mopac and the person who hit them was apparently roughed up a bit. From what I read, the full story comes out tomorrow.

Come on guys... we're almost there!
                            It looks like Texas is in fact, back.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                              It looks like Texas is in fact, back.
                              BOB wanted pipe toting thugs.

I blame BOB.

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                                BOB wanted pipe toting thugs.

I blame BOB.
                                That was exactly what I was referencing.

Comment

Working...
                                X