Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

oktx's Official CFB Thread - Spring Season

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
      While I agree with you and don't put stock into ranking until late in Oct. Any schedule with Alabama and Clemson on it teams is going to be tough.
      Well sure, no doubt about it. But if you get caught up in that it's real easy to overlook those other games and it won't matter. So what's the difference between that and wins over tOSU, zeroU, coal miners daughter, and USC? I doubt Bama will have a down year but who knows about the Sweeney Todd. . I guess we are supposed to chant SEC... SEC... SEC... over and over about what a terrific conference they are but I get tired of irrelevant teams pumping their chest to claim what they have done. So just what exactly has Hog and Ag accomplished for sprinting to another conference? Joined the chearleader squad? And on the flip side, just what exactly haz West Virginia and TCU done since joining the big12? Quietly gone about their business takin care of stuff. You wont see them beating their chest for what they have accomplished and be satisfied for their current reputation today. 4 different teams, 2 different conferences. To each their own. Sign me up for rooting on the blue collar teams with something to prove and putting up or shutting up

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
        One of the best defensive coordinators in college football. I would not lump them all together.
        I pull for the tigers. I work down in your home land all the time. I hear about the state of affairs all of the time when I get there. I want to see them succeed. Have some die hard alums at Church. But this is the same song n dance I heard bout I Canada, O Canada... It starts with the hc and trickles down from there. I don't doubt that ensminger will do a great job and wants nothing but to prove himself. O has a way of doing things and is set in his way. I sincerely hope he can break out of his mold and instill more trust in his younger coaching leadership. Until he does that I'm worried the repeat button will be pressed permanently

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post

I see nothing out of order here.

Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
            Well sure, no doubt about it. But if you get caught up in that it's real easy to overlook those other games and it won't matter. So what's the difference between that and wins over tOSU, zeroU, coal miners daughter, and USC? I doubt Bama will have a down year but who knows about the Sweeney Todd. . I guess we are supposed to chant SEC... SEC... SEC... over and over about what a terrific conference they are but I get tired of irrelevant teams pumping their chest to claim what they have done. So just what exactly has Hog and Ag accomplished for sprinting to another conference? Joined the chearleader squad? And on the flip side, just what exactly haz West Virginia and TCU done since joining the big12? Quietly gone about their business takin care of stuff. You wont see them beating their chest for what they have accomplished and be satisfied for their current reputation today. 4 different teams, 2 different conferences. To each their own. Sign me up for rooting on the blue collar teams with something to prove and putting up or shutting up
            I guess I missed the "beating of the chest" part and chanting SEC. The discussion was around looking at schedules and making a win/loss prediction for your team this year. Follow along.
            Last edited by Pin Oak DXT; 07-26-2018, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
              I pull for the tigers. I work down in your home land all the time. I hear about the state of affairs all of the time when I get there. I want to see them succeed. Have some die hard alums at Church. But this is the same song n dance I heard bout I Canada, O Canada... It starts with the hc and trickles down from there. I don't doubt that ensminger will do a great job and wants nothing but to prove himself. O has a way of doing things and is set in his way. I sincerely hope he can break out of his mold and instill more trust in his younger coaching leadership. Until he does that I'm worried the repeat button will be pressed permanently
              Uh Eaux better change and let his coaches coach or he and the athletic director whom everyone hates anyway will be gone. Anything less than 8-4 and he probably will be gone and Aranda takes over. And, it better be a solid 8-4 or better. No blowouts or Troy type losses.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                Lotta confidence in a QB that had a decent game versus UCLA. Lotta up and downs for young QBs and he's still kinda low on experience..... and then there's the dreaded sophomore slump. Gonna be interesting to see him in a new offense.
                He also tossed for 500 yards in the bowl game, still loss though. His success this year will depend on the o-line.

Comment

Here’s a sobering thought for fans of the burnt color.

The 1996 squad featured a couple of dudes named Priest Holmes and Ricky Williams.

That team went 8-5

No thanks to you John Mackovic. I see coach wine and cheese is currently plying his craft in Italy. Good for him.

Comment

Fall camp begins next weekend! Texas will host another camp this weekend as will the Ags.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                      Fall camp begins next weekend! Texas will host another camp this weekend as will the Ags.
                      Yall should get a commitment from Sheppard this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 wssm View Post
                        well sure, no doubt about it. But if you get caught up in that it's real easy to overlook those other games and it won't matter. So what's the difference between that and wins over tosu, zerou, coal miners daughter, and usc? I doubt bama will have a down year but who knows about the sweeney todd. . I guess we are supposed to chant sec... Sec... Sec... Over and over about what a terrific conference they are but i get tired of irrelevant teams pumping their chest to claim what they have done. so just what exactly has hog and ag accomplished for sprinting to another conference? joined the chearleader squad? And on the flip side, just what exactly haz west virginia and tcu done since joining the big12? Quietly gone about their business takin care of stuff. You wont see them beating their chest for what they have accomplished and be satisfied for their current reputation today. 4 different teams, 2 different conferences. To each their own. Sign me up for rooting on the blue collar teams with something to prove and putting up or shutting up
                        Revenue for 2016-17
                        $211,960,034
                        Revenue for 2011-12 - last year in Big 12.
                        $87,296,532

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                          Revenue for 2016-17
                          $211,960,034
                          Revenue for 2011-12 - last year in Big 12.
                          $87,296,532
                          I'd be embarrassed to post that figure. Making that kind of money and that's the product they put on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                            I'd be embarrassed to post that figure. Making that kind of money and that's the product they put on the field.
                            Yeah but 75,000 of that just hired the greatest coach and recruiter the world has EVER seen.

Just you watch...….

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                              Yall should get a commitment from Sheppard this weekend.
                              A verbal from this cat wont hold much weight IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                                A verbal from this cat wont hold much weight IMHO.
                                Your right. He is a drama queen and twitter troll. Somebody will be glad they end up with him but I wouldn't be surprised to see him commit, decommit, and later sign at the end of the day with the original school he commits too. Much like Leon O'Neal last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X