Sat, Nov 17
    vs

Iowa State W

Fri, Nov 23
    @

Kansas W

10-2
    Cotton Bowl vs LSU
    Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 07-25-2018, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Bob, that shows 11-1 with one loss to WV

Comment

My bad. L to TCU.

OU is the swing game. 10-2 or 9-3 would make me happy.

Comment

Yes, I'm buying in. He has a good QB who has yet to really show himself, but will be a redshirt sophmore with the taste of sitting on the sideline all last season in his mouth.

Keep in mind, if Starkle doesn't get hurt in the UCLA game last year that is a very different season. We probably still have Sumlin as a coach and while I don't want to waist too much time speculating I think there would have been 2 more win's if not more. That team get's better with Starkle and this new staff.

I think 8 win's is very do able and have said so. I also think it's possible that this team get's a big early win and some confidence and shake up the SEC West.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
            Yes, I'm buying in. He has a good QB who has yet to really show himself, but will be a redshirt sophmore with the taste of sitting on the sideline all last season in his mouth.

Keep in mind, if Starkle doesn't get hurt in the UCLA game last year that is a very different season. We probably still have Sumlin as a coach and while I don't want to waist too much time speculating I think there would have been 2 more win's if not more. That team get's better with Starkle and this new staff.

I think 8 win's is very do able and have said so. I also think it's possible that this team get's a big early win and some confidence and shake up the SEC West.

Lotta confidence in a QB that had a decent game versus UCLA. Lotta up and downs for young QBs and he's still kinda low on experience..... and then there's the dreaded sophomore slump. Gonna be interesting to see him in a new offense.
            Last edited by Smart; 07-25-2018, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
              My bad. L to TCU.

OU is the swing game. 10-2 or 9-3 would make me happy.
              I would be impressed if he gets it to 10 in the regular season.

Comment

Talent is there. Down year in to conference for QBs. Im tired of losing football and excuses. Time to win.
                Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                I would be impressed if he gets it to 10 in the regular season.
                Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 07-25-2018, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  Talent is there. Down year in to conference for QBs. Im tired of losing football and excuses. Tine to win.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                  I don't disagree it's there for the taking.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                    But last year we had 4 top 25 games at home, schedules shift. Next year it will be back.
                    Were you buying last year when you played 1 ranked team at home?
                    Don't yall have about 9 home games every year?

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    It's also easy to forget how bad Texas was before Mack. Blue blood status has an expiration date...and they were getting REAL close in '05.
                    What are you talking about? Texas wasn't great for a stretch before Mack, but they won several conference championships. Mackovic won one, he was just terribad before he left. They were nowhere near losing their blue blood status before they won the NC.

Comment

I'll weigh in Chad. But first, when talking about employment, Dickey is a new hire and not a new higher. I'm only pointing this out because I have seen it twice. It's probably auto correct on your phone

Back to football. I am going to go with 7-5 in year one with Fisher. I do think they could win 8 with a few bounces in our favor but 7-5 feels right with Clemson and Bama on the schedule in week 2 and week 4. I haven't checked recently but we play one of the tougher schedules in America if I recall. Playing #1 and #2 in the first month of the season probably hasn't happened before. Did yall seen Clemson's front four on defense were all named to the preseason All America list and all projected to be round 1 NFL picks? More so than record, I want to see a team that is competitive and prepared to play week in and out. I am done with getting skull drug on our home turf by middle of the pack SEC teams. We got to take back Kyle Field and re-capture home field advantage so to speak.

Comment

[QUOTE=krisw;13506734]Don't yall have about 9 home games every year?

We play 7 home games usually, at least we have the last 3 years. Arkansas game is always at a neutral site.
                        Last edited by Pin Oak DXT; 07-25-2018, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                          I'll weigh in Chad. But first, when talking about employment, Dickey is a new hire and not a new higher. I'm only pointing this out because I have seen it twice. It's probably auto correct on your phone

Back to football. I am going to go with 7-5 in year one with Fisher. I do think they could win 8 with a few bounces in our favor but 7-5 feels right with Clemson and Bama on the schedule in week 2 and week 4. I haven't checked recently but we play one of the tougher schedules in America if I recall. Playing #1 and #2 in the first month of the season probably hasn't happened before. Did yall seen Clemson's front four on defense were all named to the preseason All America list and all projected to be round 1 NFL picks? More so than record, I want to see a team that is competitive and prepared to play week in and out. I am done with getting skull drug on our home turf by middle of the pack SEC teams. We got to take back Kyle Field and re-capture home field advantage so to speak.
                          lol, yep. By the time I notice those typo's it's too late to fix them.

They should win 5 minimum at home if things go good, if things go really good, 6.

Northwestern State
                          ULM
                          Kentucky
                          Ole Miss
                          UAB
                          LSU

If Clemson is firing on all cylinders, I doubt that one has a high probability of ending up in the Win column. But, they suit up to play the game, so....
                          Last edited by Chad C; 07-25-2018, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Here is the schedule. Better tighten our chin straps.

Northwestern State
                            Clemson
                            ULM
                            @Bama
                            Arkansas (Dallas)
                            Kentucky
                            @S. Carolina
                            @Miss St.
                            @Auburn
                            Ole Miss
                            UAB
                            LSU

Comment

Northwestern State
                              Clemson
                              ULM
                              @Bama
                              Arkansas (Dallas)
                              Kentucky
                              @S. Carolina
                              @Miss St.
                              @Auburn
                              Ole Miss
                              UAB
                              LSU
                              Several young staffs and new staffs on that schedule. It's a tough prediction for me. I could see 6-6 or 9-4

Comment

Northwestern State
                                Clemson
                                ULM
                                @Bama
                                Arkansas (Dallas)
                                Kentucky
                                @S. Carolina
                                @Miss St.
                                @Auburn
                                Ole Miss
                                UAB
                                LSU
                                I'm not seeing the toughness you speak of. No UGA or Florida. NW State, ULM and UAB...…..

Comment

Working...
                                X