• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He’s loving his new gig.[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
      I can't figure out how the big plan at OU is to have Kyler pick up this year where Mayfield left off last year.

Unless he was just incredibly under-coached (possible with the last regime) at TAMU I just don't see the potential.
      Agreed! '75 Aggie!

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post

Absolutely he is. CDC is great, but I'm sure he is enjoying breaking in a young coach after dealing with what he did for the last several years.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post

To clarify, I meant resentment towards TCU

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
            In all honesty, how many years do the Texas folks think it should take to turn this thing around?

For reference, GP was terrible his first year and righted the ship. He was then terrible his first two years in Big 12 and righted the ship his third year.

I would think in Herman's third year he could/should make some noise in the conference and postseason discussions...

I understand there are a ton of differences in the two situations, but it's mind boggling that it could be in this state with the amount of resources, etc.
            How would that be a fair comparison? The recruiting class of tcu in the intro big12 years were mainly two stars. And Herman's class is getting the best recruits in the state. Herman showed what he could do with lesser recruits in H-town and now he has elite athletes. GP does more with lesser recruits and knows how to bring it out of the them. Herman should be able to get his players hungry immediately and earn their trust. The only worry would be some of the prima donas not molding themselves into the rest of the team because they are so high on themselves. Charlie ran those types off. Mack let those types hang around and it ended badly. I expect big things from Texas this year and will surprise a lot of people

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
              How would that be a fair comparison? The recruiting class of tcu in the intro big12 years were mainly two stars. And Herman's class is getting the best recruits in the state. Herman showed what he could do with lesser recruits in H-town and now he has elite athletes. GP does more with lesser recruits and knows how to bring it out of the them. Herman should be able to get his players hungry immediately and earn their trust. The only worry would be some of the prima donas not molding themselves into the rest of the team because they are so high on themselves. Charlie ran those types off. Mack let those types hang around and it ended badly. I expect big things from Texas this year and will surprise a lot of people

Now I know you are drunk.....

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                Now I know you are drunk.....
                keep your friends close, and your enemies closer

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                  If you go back and re-watch the Texas vs USC title game, the talent on the field is staggering.

No kidding. Absolutely wild to think about it.

Comment

What is the scouting report on usc? Have the found a replacement for Darnold yet

Comment

That must be something you just learned to do..

Comment

No wonder you talk to me so much

Comment

No wonder you talk to me so much
                          Your the one with Grimmace on speed dial

Comment

In all honesty, how many years do the Texas folks think it should take to turn this thing around?

For reference, GP was terrible his first year and righted the ship. He was then terrible his first two years in Big 12 and righted the ship his third year.

I would think in Herman's third year he could/should make some noise in the conference and postseason discussions...

I understand there are a ton of differences in the two situations, but it's mind boggling that it could be in this state with the amount of resources, etc.

It should have taken 4 years.

It's also easy to forget how bad Texas was before Mack. Blue blood status has an expiration date...and they were getting REAL close in '05.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chad c View Post
                              calvin anderson was sought by several blue bloods, he will be a nice addition (you can try to downplay his importance, but even the great jimbo aggins tried to get him).
                              lmao!

Comment

Macks last team went 8-4 with Herp under center. [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X