X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wooooo

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
      Manziel Traded to Montreal Back with Coach Sherman.. Maybe he will get to see the field now !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
        Thanks Chad. But the OL was bad by most accounts and y’all didn’t have enough healthy for a Spring game normal rotation if I recall. Isn’t depth at the position real thin? Is the OL good enough this year to win 9 or 10? That’s the real question. I think it will be the achiliies heel again this year and life for the QB’s won’t be easy. I struggle to see Hernan getting to 7-5 this season.

For the record, I also don’t see Jimbo winning more than 7 either in Year one. These coaches got some work to do and it won’t happen overnight.

The OL will likely be Anderson, Vahe, Shack, E ROd and Kerstetter at the start of camp.

The Line will be better. Williams was not 100% last season, he was not a presence that will be sorely missed. He played in and started five games (Maryland, San Jose State, at USC, at West Virginia, Texas Tech), but missed seven due to injury. He got pushed around versus Maryland, among others.

Everyone else returns.

Calvin Anderson was sought by several blue bloods, He will be a nice addition (you can try to downplay his importance, but even the great Jimbo Aggins tried to get him). E Rod is a 5th year Senior that had the starting spot locked up before the season started but got hurt and missed the year, before getting the start at LT for the Bowl game. They ran well off the Left side versus Mizzou. Patrick Vahe is a Senior that has played LG since he got on campus, Zach Shackelford is a Junior with Two years under his belt at Center and Derek Kerstetter is a Sophomore that started the final 10 games at RT as a true freshman...

I think they'll be pretty good this year and have guys to rotate in Okafor, Hudson, Imade, Urquidez and Cosmi without ever dipping into the true freshmen pool.

Angilau, Ghirmai, Jones and Moore will all likely still get some snaps due to the new Red Shirt rule.

I don't see OL as a problem in 2018.

Running game: Young started to come into his own as a true freshmen, Thank God Warren III is gone ( I was tired of watching him bounce off the back of the OL standing straight up.) They added a known commodity in Cal transfer Tre Watson and still have Houston, Johnson (please stay healthy), Porter, Carter and a kid that I think will make an impact in true freshmen Keaontay Ingram.

If they can get three of these dudes rolling downhill, they'll be in business!

TE: Finally have some depth to this room. Beck as a 5th year, Brewer who made plays in 2017 and two redshirts in Cummings and Leitao with a true freshmen in Epps who should see a shirt for development.

WR: they have plenty of talent at WR.

QB: The deepest QB room Texas has had in years. He already has his guy.

In the end, it doesn't hurt that Defense will be the strength of this team.
        Last edited by Chad C; 07-23-2018, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
          I’m not a fan of playing A&M if Texas has to drop their blue blood game and I’m not a fan of Texas playing the toughest schedule in the country if they add A&M to the blue blood and 9 conference games they currently have.
          I see your point and no way would I like to see the blue blood game go anywhere. However, I would be happy with Ags + BB game. Both sides has a reason NOT to want/need the game. But, it's THE rivalry game for the State of Texas. And the fact that we are in different conferences now, even make it more interesting, IMO. People on both sides keep bringing up the word "need", not directed at you Heath, but why does Florida need to play Florida St, why does Clemson need to play S. Carolina, why does Army need to play Navy, ND vs USC, etc, etc. This game was around when most of our Great grand parents were here, and the current students great great grandparents.

However, at the end of the day it really doesn't matter what we think, the powers that be will either get it done or not.

Comment

Originally posted by txbowkill View Post
            Heck yeah. Best college quarterback to ever play in this great state.

Not sure if serious...…..

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
              I see your point and no way would I like to see the blue blood game go anywhere. However, I would be happy with Ags + BB game. Both sides has a reason NOT to want/need the game. But, it's THE rivalry game for the State of Texas. And the fact that we are in different conferences now, even make it more interesting, IMO. People on both sides keep bringing up the word "need", not directed at you Heath, but why does Florida need to play Florida St, why does Clemson need to play S. Carolina, why does Army need to play Navy, ND vs USC, etc, etc. This game was around when most of our Great grand parents were here, and the current students great great grandparents.

However, at the end of the day it really doesn't matter what we think, the powers that be will either get it done or not.

My preference would be (Rice, Houston or SMU), blue blood, Arkansas and Aggy. Every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post

For the record, I also don’t see Jimbo winning more than 7 either in Year one. These coaches got some work to do and it won’t happen overnight.

I hope you're wrong on the Aggies win total. I bet a whopping $100 on the over this weekend in Vegas. The line is 7. I am HOPEFULL for an unexpected win or two to put us over on 8.

Had to throw $20 at 75/1 for an Aggies NC. lol

Going to be an interesting year, really looking forward to some football. 39 days till football.

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post

Well said and I agree completely

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Build the Wall.

Play the game.

Comment

Longhorns = 10-2 this season.

Aggie = 8-4

Tigahs = 9-3

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                        Longhorns = 10-2 this season.

Whoever you are please give Bayouboy his phone back..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Whoever you are please give Bayouboy his phone back..
                          You will see. Nothing special in the Big 12 except TCU and Oklahoma to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                            The matrix model for 2018, he mentioned teams 2-5 are interchangeable. His model takes all sorts of evaluations into play.

He has Ags at 8-4, 3-3 in division.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            Hope you are right about the Aggies.

And look at TCU,...swinging a big stick for such a small school.

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
                              Hope you are right about the Aggies.

And look at TCU,...swinging a big stick for such a small school.
                              Herman is the only one using a baseball bat...

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                                You will see. Nothing special in the Big 12 except TCU and Oklahoma to worry about.
                                I tend to agree and OU doesn't scare me with the midget Aggy reject either.

The time is now. WIN.

Comment

Working...
                                X