Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Herman will be doing much of the same with teams invading the state for top talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’m bored.

Favorite longhorn NAME list (off top of my head)

1 Happy Feller
      2 Quentin Jammer
      3 Kwame Cavil
      3 Mossy Cade
      4 Quan Cosby
      5 Herkie Walls
      6 Kiki DeAyala
      7 Tiny Gooch
      8 Priest Holmes
      9 BJ Johnson
      10 Roosevelt Leaks
      11 Joe Don Looney
      12 Dusty Magnum
      13 Cotton Speyrer
      14 Fozzy Whittaker
      15 Ken Hackemack

Feel free to add some of your own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
        I’m bored.

1 Happy Feller
        2 Quentin Jammer
        3 Kwame Cavil
        3 Mossy Cade
        4 Quan Cosby
        5 Herkie Walls
        6 Kiki DeAyala
        7 Tiny Gooch
        8 Priest Holmes
        9 BJ Johnson
        10 Roosevelt Leaks
        11 Joe Don Looney
        12 Dusty Magnum
        13 Cotton Speyrer
        14 Fozzy Whittaker
        15 Ken Hackemack

Jackson Jeffcoat

Comment

Miles to ATM

Leslie will have new grass to munch on when he visits jr.

Comment

Stay off the grass!!!

Comment

Texas adds a 4* DB out of cali.

Comment

Originally posted by longhorn_cop View Post
                Texas adds a 4* DB out of cali.

Yep, picking up some bread crumbs from the fondue bar. He's been on board since April. Hope they can hang on to all of these West Coast kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                  Yep, picking up some bread crumbs from the fondue bar. He's been on board since April. Hope they can hang on to all of these West Coast kids.
                  Hanging on to OOS (out of state) kids is always a challenge and part of the risk when you go on a national search. Texas has gone OOS but it seems like some of places they are going they have a connection there, so that does help. Herman said he wanted to look nationally after looking at Texas. He mentioned that with OU being white hot in recruiting and A&M getting the new car smell bump in Jimbo plus schools like Ohio State, Michigan (plus SEC schools) all coming after Texas hard it makes sense.

With social media, the days of locking down Texas over. That is what made last years class from Herman so special and you might not ever see that for a long time. With early signing period and social media, the game has changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                    I’m bored.

1 Happy Feller
                    2 Quentin Jammer
                    3 Kwame Cavil
                    3 Mossy Cade
                    4 Quan Cosby
                    5 Herkie Walls
                    6 Kiki DeAyala
                    7 Tiny Gooch
                    8 Priest Holmes
                    9 BJ Johnson
                    10 Roosevelt Leaks
                    11 Joe Don Looney
                    12 Dusty Magnum
                    13 Cotton Speyrer
                    14 Fozzy Whittaker
                    15 Ken Hackemack

Rooster Andrews

Comment

Originally posted by Clint View Post
                      Rooster Andrews
                      Rooster was the man that got my into the sporting goods industry. He was a legend and a great man. I am forever grateful!

Comment

One of the Cali kids is in some other top recruits ears coaxing them to come to Texas. There may be more on the horizon.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                          Hanging on to OOS (out of state) kids is always a challenge and part of the risk when you go on a national search. Texas has gone OOS but it seems like some of places they are going they have a connection there, so that does help. Herman said he wanted to look nationally after looking at Texas. He mentioned that with OU being white hot in recruiting and A&M getting the new car smell bump in Jimbo plus schools like Ohio State, Michigan (plus SEC schools) all coming after Texas hard it makes sense.

With social media, the days of locking down Texas over. That is what made last years class from Herman so special and you might not ever see that for a long time. With early signing period and social media, the game has changed.

Jimbo is just recruiting like he has proven in the past. Im not so sure Jimbos efforts are just a new car smell bump as Herman would like to hope for.

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
                            Jimbo is just recruiting like he has proven in the past. Im not so sure Jimbos efforts are just a new car smell bump as Herman would like to hope for.

I wasn’t throwing shade. All new coaches can sell excitement / change their first year before they put a team on the field and generally speaking all get a “new car smell” bump. I was saying Fisher was going to get that this year. Yes, I know he’s going to recruit well. His staff was built to recruit.

FSU traditionally has always recruited well, before and after Fisher. Taggert at FSU had a higher ranked class than Jimbo at A&M last year and his average player is higher right now (91.92 vs 89.69). I do think he’s going to have to win 10 games a year to replicate the same recruiting success at A&M he had at FSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                              I wasn’t throwing shade. All new coaches can sell excitement / change their first year before they put a team on the field and generally speaking all get a “new car smell” bump. I was saying Fisher was going to get that this year. Yes, I know he’s going to recruit well. His staff was built to recruit.

FSU traditionally has always recruited well, before and after Fisher. Taggert at FSU had a higher ranked class than Jimbo at A&M last year and his average player is higher right now (91.92 vs 89.69). I do think he’s going to have to win 10 games a year to replicate the same recruiting success at A&M he had at FSU.

Be ready to edit those player ranking comparisons big player. Jimbo got some elite DB’s and possibly another DL verbally committing this week. [emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                                Be ready to edit those player ranking comparisons big player. Jimbo got some elite DB’s and possibly another DL verbally committing this week. [emoji106]

Yes it should be a good week for the Ags.

How big is this class going to be? How much attrition has to take place for a class as big as A&M is taking?

Comment

Working...
                                X