• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LSU flipped auburn CB commit flott

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
      LSU flipped auburn CB commit flott
      Always nice when you can flip a kid from a division foe.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
        Pukes? No Arky in Arkansas.
        Not you.

Comment

In just one week, LSU went from 12 verbal commitments to 17 and took a major jump in the 2019 team rankings. Thing got started last Wednesday when fIve-star

Gumbeaux Eaux is doing some work these days

SEC west is preparing for some strong battles.

Comment

Raw Deal? R.C. Slocum opens up about A&M's early '90s NCAA troubles
            I'm glad some of this story is coming out. When RC Slocum says “That was the biggest screwing a school ever got” you should probably pay attention, while a die hard Aggie he's not going to lie to you.

Greg Hill made some mistakes for sure, but what he did didn't raise to the level of lack of institutional control as the NCAA said.

In the summer of 1992, Hill, a star running back who would become a first-round NFL draft pick, was among several A&M players who got a job working on Housing and Urban Development (HUD) projects in the Dallas area. They were summer help for a full-time staff that did “make readies” — replacing carpet, painting, cleaning, etc. — on HUD apartment units.

An audit found that from 1990-92 many employees were paid for hours when they were not actually at work. That included, but was not limited to, Hill and some other A&M athletes.

“They were doing what everyone else was doing,” Slocum said. “They were summer employees and doing what the full-time employees were doing. Sometimes they left early. Well, everybody else was leaving early. Sometimes after lunch they didn’t have anything to do, and the regular workers would say, 'Just show up (tomorrow) morning.'”
            In fact, Slocum said another player was dismissed at his urging. A prize recruit who was on his way to becoming All-American was working that summer on a similar HUD project in Garland. Actually, “working” might not be an accurate verb.

That player was employed under a more diligent manager than Hill was, and the boss phoned Slocum to report that his player's on-the-job effort wasn’t satisfactory. Slocum recommended the player be fired. He was.

I'm not in the would'a, could'a, should'a, camp, so I'm not going down that road. I see this as another example of why there is no trust in the NCAA today.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If the line is set at 8 for A&M and Texas I take the under for A&M and the over for Texas.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

10 wins for Notre Dame. Interesting. Guess it gives us something to talk about in the off season...

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                    Raw Deal? R.C. Slocum opens up about A&M's early '90s NCAA troubles
                    I'm glad some of this story is coming out. When RC Slocum says “That was the biggest screwing a school ever got” you should probably pay attention, while a die hard Aggie he's not going to lie to you.

Greg Hill made some mistakes for sure, but what he did didn't raise to the level of lack of institutional control as the NCAA said.

I'm not in the would'a, could'a, should'a, camp, so I'm not going down that road. I see this as another example of why there is no trust in the NCAA today.
                    RC may or may not have been dirty, according to the article he isn't so I guess it is debatable as I don't buy into the "he's not going to lie to you". I have no doubt ATM was dirty at the time as a carry over from Jackie but it was the boosters, FEDEX, etc. The rub is what ATM did was no different than what OU did ~10 years later and the penalties aren't comparable. I think ATM got what they deserved and I think ou's penalty should have been in line with what ATM got.
                    Last edited by cehorn; 06-26-2018, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                      10 wins for Notre Dame. Interesting. Guess it gives us something to talk about in the off season...
                      It sells magazines and gets clicks. That is why you always see the blue bloods listed higher in the rankings than they should in a lot of cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                        It's no different than any other mega-church, like the fella down in Houston.
                        Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                        Its no more far fetched than any other bull**** religion. Im very glad he is on the 40 acres.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                        Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
                        You really ought to look into scientology . . Not really the same . .
                        Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        Aliens, they worship aliens...and they're closer to the mob than they are to any church.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Originally posted by Heath View Post
                        How do they sack QBs?
                        Lol, pretty sure he is not a scientologist fellas... there is a Church of Scientology building on the Drag that he just used as his location for the post

Comment

Jimbo said that Sumlin's office looked like a "**** cocktail lounge" . . Black walls, dark carpet . . He had it redone . .

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                            It sells magazines and gets clicks. That is why you always see the blue bloods listed higher in the rankings than they should in a lot of cases.
                            Yup. Same thing every year. Notre Dame will be good again one of these days.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                              Yup. Same thing every year. Notre Dame will be good again one of these days.

I hope not

Comment

Originally posted by 17ncs View Post
                                I hope not
                                Yeah, it might eventually quit being funny to watch them fail...but I'd sure like to test that theory for about 35 more years or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X