No announcement yet.

Let's Discuss Diesel Trucks and Sanity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did we ever haul Cattle, Boat, RV's before diesels were so affordable?

Comment

I said all the same things as some of the guys without diesels are saying until I bought one in 07. I have gone back and forth between 3/4 ton gas and diesels since and have a diesel now. I NEED a diesel now to haul my Yeti coolers. Igloos are much lighter and don’t require a diesel but these yetis are not half ton or gas engine friendly at all. Plus the diesel is much better for taking the kids to practice and getting groceries
      Last edited by fbchunter; 04-14-2018, 07:23 AM.

Comment

One more for my post count. ����

Comment

Originally posted by WRasco View Post
          How did we ever haul Cattle, Boat, RV's before diesels were so affordable?
          Diesels are "so affordable" now?

Probably the same way old farm hands used to sit around the coffee shop and whine about the new guy owning a diesel truck.....instead of running to the internet to do so.

Or the even older farmhands laughing at the guy who wasted his money on the new fandangled "mechanical plow" when they have been using mules and horses for years just fine.

Comment

Just because the company says a truck will tow 10,000 pounds, don't believe it. There is a world of difference between towing with a heavy duty truck built for work and a 1/2 ton targeted to the suburban crowd that hauls potting soil and dog food with the occasional lawn mower thrown into the mix. I pulled my 18' Mako center console with my F150 one time and decided the truck was not up to the task in a manner suitable to me. The suspension is simply too soft on the half tons. I got rid of it and moved up to a HD model with diesel power. It took a while, but I didn't pay any more for it than I would have for a gasser.

Comment

I pull tractors EVERY DAY in my business, and I do it with a F250 (6.2), F350 (6.2), and F550 (v10) gas burners. I’ve owned 7 diesel trucks and finally grew up to the fact that gas trucks would do the job just as well and at a fraction of the cost.

It’s a free country, and a person can/should drive what they want and can afford. HOWEVER, please don’t try to convince me how you HAD TO HAVE that diesel pickup to pull your lawn tractor and Ranger to the deer lease....SMH!

Comment

Originally posted by retrieverman View Post
                I pull tractors EVERY DAY in my business, and I do it with a F250 (6.2), F350 (6.2), and F550 (v10) gas burners. I’ve owned 7 diesel trucks and finally grew up to the fact that gas trucks would do the job just as well and at a fraction of the cost.
                Just so we are clear. You are openly suggesting that a hotshot driver would be better off and make more money (since in your words, expenses are now a fraction of the cost) running a gas truck pulling their loads all over the country versus a diesel 98% of them currently use?

Comment

Wow!!!! So many things wrong with this thread. Fact is... folks can drive whatever they want. It shouldn’t matter to anyone what the preference is... or even what the persons choice is. Some folks drive jeeps that are outfitted to the max...37 inch mud tires, safari rack, winch, huge lift kit and it will never see any off-roading. People should drive what they want and what they can afford and it shouldn’t matter if other folks care or not.

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                    LOL...this thread has some dumb scattered through it.

I sure wish I had enough free time to give a crap about what other people drive.

Carry on

- I don’t chase dreams, I HUNT goals

This thread started with dumb!
                    2010 Duramax CC LTZ 4x4
                    EFI Live/deleted/no egr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Let’s talk wolf reintroduction..Go

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        Just so we are clear. You are openly suggesting that a hotshot driver would be better off and make more money (since in your words, expenses are now a fraction of the cost) running a gas truck pulling their loads all over the country versus a diesel 98% of them currently use?
                        Nope, not suggesting this at all.

If a person “needs” a diesel truck (which hot shot drivers obviously do), ok, but it’s the guys that think they need one to pull their tractor to the deer lease a couple times a year I’m referring to. By this response to my post, I sense I may have hit a nerve. Starting a post with “just so we are clear” is a definite tell.

Comment

Originally posted by retrieverman View Post
                          Nope, not suggesting this at all.

If a person “needs” a diesel truck (which hot shot drivers obviously do), ok, but it’s the guys that think they need one to pull their tractor to the deer lease a couple times a year I’m referring to. By this response to my post, I sense I may have hit a nerve. Starting a post with “just so we are clear” is a definite tell.
                          "Hitting a nerve" is teenage girl talk. You haven't done anything close. I don't tow anything to my lease these days except 1200-1500 lbs of cotton seed. Plus I couldn't care less what folks think about what I drive or what other folks drive. I bought it for me back in 2001 to run into the ground. I'm still trying to do just that.

You said you pull tractors every day and gassers do it at a fraction of a cost. I was just pointing out the ridiculousness of the comment using real world experience and folks that do it long distances....based on longevity and mileage. Just so we are clear was an opportunity for you to rethink what you just posted.
                          Last edited by Smart; 04-14-2018, 08:31 AM.

Comment

every once in a while I log in just to see who gets the DA of the day award....congrats OP.

I have an Auto collection (7) and only one rear end. None of them practical

Comment

Once you own a diesel it's very hard to go back to a gas truck . I've tried it. No balls. But honestly who really gives a f***

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                                But honestly who really gives a f***
                                This right here should have been the second reply to this thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X