No announcement yet.

Church & Marriage Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This story may explain the attitude in our world responsible for the drop in church attendance and simultaneous rise in divorce rate.

Comment

I like it!

Comment

I dunno. I sometimes wonder. My wife is teaching a class for young adults who wish to finish their sacraments so they can marry in the church etc. The priest told two of the students (a couple who had been married in a civil union) that they could not finish their sacraments because they were living together.
        I guess he expected them to move onto separate houses until they married through the church.
        The problem with churches and religion is they sometimes put themselves between God and His followers.
        Keep searching. You'll find one that feeds your spirit instead of whatever your getting now.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

wow that's the whole thing in a nut shell praise jesus

Comment

AMEN ! that in it`s self is a good sermon to remember and pass on .

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
              I dunno. I sometimes wonder. My wife is teaching a class for young adults who wish to finish their sacraments so they can marry in the church etc. The priest told two of the students (a couple who had been married in a civil union) that they could not finish their sacraments because they were living together.
              I guess he expected them to move onto separate houses until they married through the church.
              The problem with churches and religion is they sometimes put themselves between God and His followers.
              Keep searching. You'll find one that feeds your spirit instead of whatever your getting now.

Catholic Church? Just curious

Comment

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
                Catholic Church? Just curious
                Yes. I was raised going to a Baptist church. She was raised Catholic and is to the core. I went through the RCIA so we could marry in the church but it was 5 years after our civil union. The priest then was fully supportive and although some of my understandings of scripture were/are different he was encouraging so that his parishioner could become whole in the church again. This one I guess has a different point of view.
                I guess one shepherd went out to retrieve the lost lamb and the other just locked the gate.

Comment

Working...
                X