Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the lamest reason you have ever been pulled over for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stopped at a 4 way stop sign and a policeman across from me stopped also. I leave going straight and he U-turns and turns his lights on to pull me over. I pull over and roll down my window as he walked up from behind. He passes my window and turns to look back at my windshield. He then walks back past me to his car without saying a word to me. I stick my head out and ask why he pulled me over. He said he thought I had a fake inspection sticker, never mind???

Comment

Goin through Ms at 2:00 AM and i knew he was trouble right from the start - he was using a handheld radar gun on an overpass like it was rush hour! He started tailing me at about 5 feet off my bumper - I set the cruise control and he did this for over 25 miles! 45 minutes of everything including contacting the rentacar company to see if I was authorized to take it out of state. I told him I was on my way to the Blade show in Atlanta - said he'd never heard of it! Told me I slowed down when I saw him and I wasn't speeding so what was I afraid of? LOL!

Comment

Not pulled over but having to stop at any police road block to check me for insurance, registration, license and to snoop around for any other information without probable cause.

Comment

Pulled over for not wearing a seatbelt while I was wearing it. He said I didn’t have it on. I respectfully said I did have it on. He let me go with no warning or ticket

Comment

not dimming headlights at night time!

Comment

In high school was pulled over Sunday AM on way to church w/ little brother... they had no reason other than i was driving a suspicious vehicle.

suspicious vehicle = 1995 suburban 35 " mud tires and 6 " lift

More times then not where i grew up all the cops had to worry about were high schoolers and that is why i was pulled over

Comment

Originally posted by fbchunter View Post
                Pulled over for not wearing a seatbelt while I was wearing it. He said I didn’t have it on. I respectfully said I did have it on. He let me go with no warning or ticket
                Same thing but I got a ticket
                The seatbelt matched exactly my shirt color so I see where he could have thought I didnt have it on but I did

Comment

I have had 2 lame excuses given to me. 1st one was Failure to use turn signal. There were 2 west bound lanes then there was a T intersection you could only go right or left I was in the right lane with the nice big white arrow painted white on the rd and rt turn only painted as well. I explained to the officer being I was in the lane clearly marked for a rt turn and could basically only turn rt out of that lane that I figured it was a given which way I was turning.

The 2nd Time was my license plate light was dim .

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
                    Once got pulled over for honking. It was on a narrow rural road with a Y/triangle type intersection where 1 direction has a stop and another has a yield less than a mile from the house. There was a bicycle ride going on and a sheriff had everyone stopped except the bike riders so they could bypass the stop sign. I was about 4th vehicle in line and a few more behind me. After he let the 100th or so bike rider thru I started honking to remind him to give the same amount of go time to everyone. As soon as he stopped the bikes again he left his post (real safe for the bike ride), sprinted to his car and pulled up behind me at the yield sign (as I was yielding to more bikes approaching the stop sign) and then ran up to my window to let me have it for honking. I asked if it would be better to pull of the road out of the way since there was room for our vehicles in the "triangle" and he refused. I guess he was hell bent on screwing up traffic that day. He was even blocking the oncoming lane to where oncoming traffic had to drive in the ditch to pass while he tried to lecture me about honking. We "discussed" the merits of a bike ride on a road like that and I let him know why I was honking and what I thought about the obstruction to traffic. I wasn't rude or disrespectful, just stated my position/opinion. I think I got a warning for honking but I'm not sure. I know I didn't get a ticket. It is still amusing to me that I got "pulled over" for honking while in a stop condition out in the country less than a mile from my house.
                    Wait, is it illegal to honk your horn??! Are there some set of rules regarding horn usage????

Comment

I really think I got everyone beat on this one.

Headed home on 180 from the lease pretty close to Mineral Wells, middle of the afternoon. Pulling a trailer with my 4 wheeler on it. Current tag and every light worked on the trailer. Not speeding and I knew it.

DPS slid up beside me and then got behind me and hit the lights. I immediately looked at my buddy and went "you got any clue why I am getting stopped?" He was lost as well.

Safety chains not being crossed on my trailer. I **** you not. The safety chains were both hooked but they were straight from the trailer to the truck and not crossed under the tongue. Got to get out and fix them but luckily just a warning.

Had to do some calling and asking because I could not find it in the law anywhere. Apparently it is a Federal DOT regulation and obviously DPS Troopers enforce DOT regs all the time.

Thank goodness I had a witness because I would not believe that story from anyone else.

Comment

Turned my left signal light on and made a left hand turn. State Police pulled me over and wrote a ticket for not having my signal light on soon enough therefore not giving the car behind me enough time to prepare for the turn. I've never heard of such a thing.

Comment

Rain storm in Belton the week I got out of the Military at Ft. Hood. Headed to the post and it started raining hard as I passed one of the Belton schools. The lights were not flashing and there were cars front and back of me.
                          He walked up and I said, "sorry to get you out in this weather."
                          He said I was doing 40 in a school zone, which was the speed limit unless the lights are flashing.
                          I said, "what time do the lights come on and what is your departments policy on running RADAR in inclement weather."
                          He looked at me like a dog looking at a card trick so I said running RADAR in a rain storm.
                          He said to call the department and gave me a Mandatory Court ticket.
                          I didn't go, I never paid. I got a letter from the City of Belton once. That was in 2000, I think the statute of limitations passed. Ha

Comment

Not really lame on the officers fault.

I got pulled over in a school zone in Denton years ago. I don't remember the exact times but it was something like 2:45 and the officer said the school zone didn't end until 3:00. I was about 99% positive the sign said 2:30 as it was in my neighborhood. I didn't feel it was worth an argument.

Sure enough the sign said 2:30. I went to court. Got called up by the judge who immediately begins by telling me how she knows for a fact that the all the signs by elementary schools were 3:00 because since months ago it had been her initiative to get them changed. I told her they must have missed one and showed her a picture. She apologized and told me thanks for pointing it out.

Comment

Brazos River Authority stopped me at Possum Kingdom State Park back in 2006. It was Spring Break and darn right cold outside. We were on a camping trip and I had my camo coveralls on to stay warm. Parked at one of the camping areas to do some hiking and BRA pulled up with their lights on. I was 21 at the time and had a cooler full of beverages, hot dogs, etc for the trip. Girfriends cousin was with us and he was 17 I believe. Asked if there was a problem and he said yes your wearing camo and your sticker on your truck tells me your breaking the law. This is where it gets funny. I was young and dumb! Decal said "I hunt whitetails year round". Explaining that to him took over 30 minutes! He searched my truck and I had an empty gun case in the back seat. He immediately starts saying I stashed a gun in the woods. My family ranch was 30 min down the road in Jacksboro which is where the gun was located. Once he figured what the meaning was behind the sticker he got even more upset I guess for not understanding it sooner. He was determined to find something to get us. After a good hour he poured every drop of beverage out and gave me a lecture about my decal and alcoholic beverages in the bed of a truck with a minor present. I actually recorded half of the conversation so my girlfriend's parents who were camping with us knew where all the alcohol went. Crazy situation and I did absolutely nothing wrong. No ticket, no warnings, notta. Decal was scraped off that day as well!

Comment

Turning right before 9:00am into the bank which was OPEN! The judge in Houston, she was a real beach. There must have been 5 or 6 of us fighting the same ticket with the same time assigned to each of us on the same corner on the same day. She did not care about the facts in front of her. Houston is a real #*?! job. They even changed street signs one day and were writing tickets as they changed the signs. It went from parking allowed 9A-4P to no parking. I wrote a few things on that ticket and mailed it back to them!

Comment

Working...
                                X