No announcement yet.

New Mexico draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to go buy a lotto ticket-------- I just drew 16D archery!

Comment

Middleton and I didn't draw

Comment

Oh heck yeah!!!!! Spend $100 on them, one heck of a tag sir!!!

Originally posted by DaleGribble View Post
        Need to go buy a lotto ticket-------- I just drew 16D archery!

Comment

I got mule deer Nov 3-7 unit 33. Missed out on my bow elk though.

Comment

Unity 29 archery deer as fourth choice, no elk again this year. Kind of disappointed I didn't draw any of my three deer choices. I was really looking forward to hunting familiar territory for once.

Comment

I drew Unit 23 for Coues deer. This should be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post
                Praise the Lord, I drew Unit 34 Archery Elk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                That’s was my first choice. Congrats.

Comment

I struck out on everything

Comment

Two buddies I hunt with both drew 16b first season archery elk tags. I didn’t draw elk but I’m super excited to be in the gila helping them in September

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                      Needs to buy a lotto ticket. Third choice wow
                      I don't see why the 3rd choice is so surprising.... Surprising I got drawn at all, yes... but as I understand it, when they pull your number, they look at all 3 choices. So it just means my first two choices were already gone, which makes sense because they were REALLY long shots. At whatever position my number was drawn, I would have drawn this tag whether it was my 1st, 2nd, or 3rd choice.

Also.... for you outfitter haters.... it was in the outfitter pool

Comment

Originally posted by RCDuck View Post
                        I don't see why the 3rd choice is so surprising.... Surprising I got drawn at all, yes... but as I understand it, when they pull your number, they look at all 3 choices. So it just means my first two choices were already gone, which makes sense because they were REALLY long shots. At whatever position my number was drawn, I would have drawn this tag whether it was my 1st, 2nd, or 3rd choice.

34 Is one of the highest demand elk units in NM. I was in Outfitter pool also on elk.

It is harder to archery draw then 15,16b, 16c. Only 16d and A are lower by a low margin.

So yes it’s crazy you drew a top 3 unit third choice. Plus I doubt there are many outfitter licensed in 16d&a and 34.
                        Last edited by Texans42; 04-18-2018, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                          34 Is one of the highest demand elk units in NM. I was in Outfitter pool also on elk.

It is harder to archery draw then 15,16b, 16c. Only 16d and A are lower by a low margin.
                          Trust me... I know about 34 elk... didn't draw it. The original quote was in reference to a Late archery mule deer tag... still somewhat long odds, but not comparable to 34 or 16's archery elk.
                          Last edited by RCDuck; 04-18-2018, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Unsuccessful

Comment

Originally posted by RCDuck View Post

Not surprised that an outfitter drew that almost impossible tag. Congratulations!

What would be surprising is if a DIY NR drew a tag in any of the 2b hunts across the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                                Not surprised that an outfitter drew that almost impossible tag. Congratulations!

What would be surprising is if a DIY NR drew a tag in any of the 2b hunts across the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                There are 180 tags for that specific hunt... so there should be 18 NR outfitter tags and 10-11 NR DIY tags. I agree that it's a screwed up system, but to make it sound like it's a given with an outfitter, and impossible without, is a bit of a stretch.

Comment

Working...
                                X