No announcement yet.

Couple lease rules being questioned.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cut him/them loose. Too many good people to have on to deal with those issues.

Comment

If they are splitting then they only get the one trophy but the problem is there is 2 people so the chances of atleast one of them being able to hunt that one deer one a given day doubles so more than likely they will be having more hunting time to get a deer which could cause issues with guys that don’t have as much hunting time and are after the same deer sorry about the lack of punctuation but I’m sure y’all get the idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cut him loose. He will be nothing but problems.

Comment

Here's a different angle. I would have a family rule. The family member can only hunt in the same blind as the member.

Comment

Tell them to take a hike.

Comment

"wife and kids under 18 yrs of age residing under your roof,"
              all other guests hunt under your allotment and with you in your stand location at all times, no exceptions.

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
                Cut him loose, it will save you a world of headache later.
                Yep, he'll cause drama later. If a new guy questions any of our rules they don't become a new guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                  The only opinions that really matter are that of the current lease members...but since you asked...I've always preferred a lax guest policy that encourages family members to spend time outdoors together, whether it's father / daughter, siblings, spouse, ect.

Agreed 100%....as long as they do not exceed the individual member's ranch allotment, they can hunt every day with them at our place. We are family oriented and encourage fathers/mothers to share their lease with their kids and wives/husbands. The way we look at it, the member has 1 trophy, one mgmt/cull deer (if there are some) and usually two does. Who kills it as long as it is an approved deer and the member approves of the use of his allotment, doesn't matter. With the way some of our member's kids work their tails off for their parents, they deserve a deer or two. And our guys are very good about sharing with their kids. We have had two fathers let their kids shoot their trophy the last few years with bows and that was bad***!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wide 8 w dad.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	24535671

Name:	Colton LDP1 (Medium).jpg
Size:	263.9 KB
ID:	24535672

Split memberships would be a big no.
                  Last edited by Smart; 04-08-2018, 07:55 PM.

Comment

I would think family would be those living under roof of member and they shoot off of that paying members allotment of deer.
                    As far as splitting memberships does that mean that all 12 members can split their membership price into 1/2 Prob Not
                    Sounds like too many other people looking for a lease as be taking on a member wanting to split a membership

Comment

I am of the more relaxed interpretation of family. Family is just that...family...not necessarily a dependant. Could be a brother or dad... or nephew that doesn't have many opportunities to hunt.

Split memberships...NO...for all the reasons stated earlier.

Comment

Do not split the membership. That will be a huge headache down the road. Also I would suggest Biological kids under 18. Some parents are split and the kid lives with the other parent. Not trying to be a jerk but it could come up. Other than that looks like you got a nice place.

Comment

Never split a spot and only wife and kids. I hate guests rules never understood why people let guest shoot their deer, if they want to hunt pay for a spot!

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                            Never split a spot and only wife and kids. I hate guests rules never understood why people let guest shoot their deer, if they want to hunt pay for a spot!
                            I guess I just ain’t that mad at them deer brother and enjoy watching kids get a little blood on their hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                              I'm almost 49 years old (next month) and I enjoy watching other folks shoot a deer as much as I enjoy shooting them....especially kids or a new hunter. I enjoy sharing my fortunate ability to do so. I'd much rather sit in camp and cook or drink than shoot all 2-3 of the does on my annual allotment. Does need to be killed and adding in the kid or newbies excitement and appreciation after doing so and splitting the meat, it's a win win for me. Plus this year, my brother-in-law has a nice local pig spot here in DFW he lets me hunt and place a feeder on for nothing but the price of the equipment and corn.. I showed my own appreciation by letting him come out and shoot a doe and cull buck off my allotment. First buck ever for him and he was pumped. That's why we let people shoot our deer.

Comment

[QUOTE=Smart;13302402]Agreed 100%....as long as they do not exceed the individual member's ranch allotment, they can hunt every day with them at our place. We are family oriented and encourage fathers/mothers to share their lease with their kids and wives/husbands. The way we look at it, the member has 1 trophy, one mgmt/cull deer (if there are some) and usually two does. Who kills it as long as it is an approved deer and the member approves of the use of his allotment, doesn't matter. With the way some of our member's kids work their tails off for their parents, they deserve a deer or two. And our guys are very good about sharing with their kids. We have had two fathers let their kids shoot their trophy the last few years with bows and that was bad***!

Name:	Wide 8 w dad.jpg
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	24535671

Name:	Colton LDP1 (Medium).jpg
Size:	263.9 KB
ID:	24535672

Agree with this 100%. Never understood the whole “only 18 and under” criteria. My son is 21 and may bow hunt with me twice per year. He is a student at Texas A&M. I am fortunate that I hunt on a ranch where they want you to bring your kids to hunt in the blind with the Parent. Why would it matter if a kid was 18, or 19, or 20, or 21. That just makes no common sense whatsoever but to each thier own. I get to spend time with my son and sometimes my Dad in a blind on a few occasions per year. I appreciate that bow hunting time with them even if we just watch and don’t shoot.

Never been on a place where there was split memberships either.

Comment

Working...
                                X