No announcement yet.

Info from you older men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm on the Tamsulosin (generic for Flomax). It seemed to help, but for the short term. Doc told me to take 2/day (one morning, one eve). That helped but the symptoms will progress for most. I was told the next step is surgery.

For side effects, the only thing I've noticed is getting drowsy around mid-day. Naps are okay (I'm closing fast on 70) unless I have something I need to stay alert for and there's a prescription for that (and it works).

Comment

Been on it for several years now and its working great. No problems or side effects.

Comment

Thanks for all the imput, looks like I will start it tonight, and see what happens.

God Bless
        Bish

Comment

I had a TURP procedure 3 years ago. I’m 62, wish I would’ve had it sooner. When you guys are saying surgery is this what you are talking about?

Comment

My dad took Flomax after prostate cancer treatment. He had just about every side effect on the list. He said it was awful.

Comment

Originally posted by TKK View Post
              Do what your doctor says - pretty simple
              Ha

Comment

Originally posted by TKK View Post
                Do what your doctor says - pretty simple
                Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                Ha
                I agree with eastxhunter. Dr's are getting some type of incentive to push prescription drugs. If you need the drugs, you need them but question the Doc about alternatives. My primary care doc decided I needed to be on cholesterol pills after 20 years & no change to my cholesterol level. I questioned him & the new target dropped from 200 to 175. No thanks. Big Pharma.

Comment

I'm taking 2 Tamsulosin at night.....find it works better that 1 in the morning and 1 at night. I can do without all the other meds but NOT without that one.

Comment

Getting old sucks

Comment

I noticed I was getting dizzy if I squatted down and one time I squatted down on my heels for 10 minutes while visiting with my uncle, when I stood up I passed out, if my uncle had not caught me I would've hit the ground. I had been on Flomax for a year or so. I googled the side affects and one was dizziness or loss of balance, something along those lines. I chunked the Flomax. No Mas dizzy and it only takes me 5 minutes to take a leak.
                      Last edited by Rancho; 04-08-2018, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X