No announcement yet.

The Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lance, you going to buy the rest of it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Horns1 View Post
      Lance, you going to buy the rest of it ?

Just saw this! No! I'd like to have about 1500 acres of it though!!! Went and looked at it with a friend three weeks ago. Cool ranch, needs some work and updating. Great deer herd! It's under contract and should be closing soon.

Comment

What an awesome place. I'd never go back to Houston! =)

And this is off the cool charts:

Comment

I'm still in awe of this place. What an amazing piece of property and you have taken it to new heights!!!
          What was the story on that buck being killed during the helicopter capture? Were y'all going to try to relocate him to a different pasture? What a beast he was!!! I would have been absolutely devastated. [emoji30]

Comment

NIIIIIICE!!. Awesome thread!

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
              I'm still in awe of this place. What an amazing piece of property and you have taken it to new heights!!!
              What was the story on that buck being killed during the helicopter capture? Were y'all going to try to relocate him to a different pasture? What a beast he was!!! I would have been absolutely devastated. [emoji30]
              Thank you. It is a labor of love for sure. He was my number one choice to put in one of our pens. We have four DMP pens. We catch and put 15-20 does in each pen, then catch a buck with the helicopter and put them in there in October. We then open the gates in March to let the does fawn out in the pasture. Then do it all over again. We had a hard time finding this buck but I had seen him the night before, finally they found him late in the afternoon and when they shot the net, he tumbled like they all do but somehow broke his neck. I literally wanted to cry. I took his antlers to the taxi just because he was such a stud. But you know what they say about monkeys?? Monkeys die! Just because.....

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                Thank you. It is a labor of love for sure. He was my number one choice to put in one of our pens. We have four DMP pens. We catch and put 15-20 does in each pen, then catch a buck with the helicopter and put them in there in October. We then open the gates in March to let the does fawn out in the pasture. Then do it all over again. We had a hard time finding this buck but I had seen him the night before, finally they found him late in the afternoon and when they shot the net, he tumbled like they all do but somehow broke his neck. I literally wanted to cry. I took his antlers to the taxi just because he was such a stud. But you know what they say about monkeys?? Monkeys die! Just because.....
                Wish I didn't know what you are talking about.......but I do! Sometimes it seems like no matter where you shoot a deer or what happens they live. And sometimes you do everything you can to make sure they have all they need to thrive and they die just to spite you!

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                  Wish I didn't know what you are talking about.......but I do! Sometimes it seems like no matter where you shoot a deer or what happens they live. And sometimes you do everything you can to make sure they have all they need to thrive and they die just to spite you!
                  You are right. They can be so fragile and so tough at the same time. Is what it is and just part of the deal I guess.

I am headed down this weekend, come visit if you are at your place.

Comment

The place you have put together is awesome. This is easily one of my favorite threads on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                      The place you have put together is awesome. This is easily one of my favorite threads on here.

Thanks. Appreciate it!! Definitely want to see your place.

Comment

Was down this weekend with a buddy. We shot our rifles at some steel and generally messed around trying to stay in the cool. Saw lots of deer around dark and this guy posed for us for a second. I did see a few doe with some tiny tiny fawn. Exciting to see those little guys. It was so amazingly hot. I was on the tractor for a couple days from 8am til about 2pm and then it was time to shut it down for the day. We are going to blink and season will be here!! Can’t wait!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1616.jpg
Views:	620
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	26534595

Name:	IMG_1625.jpg
Views:	616
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	26534593

Name:	IMG_1624.jpg
Views:	616
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	26534594

Name:	IMG_1623.jpg
Views:	615
Size:	352.1 KB
ID:	26534597

Name:	IMG_4083.jpg
Views:	624
Size:	359.6 KB
ID:	26534598

Name:	IMG_1605.jpg
Views:	615
Size:	165.3 KB
ID:	26534599

Attached Files

Comment

Great update Lance! Should be a special season!

Comment

Thanks for the update Lance. I always keep an eye out for this thread and any new pics and updates. Looking great and cant wait to see what this season brings.

Comment

Thanks fellas. It's coming along. Lots of good rain at the right time. The place is lush right now. Definitely could use some rain to cool things off for the fawns.

Also, not sure why I double posted the pics?

Comment

Been down a few times since last post. Mainly practicing my long range shooting in preparation for my mule deer hunt a couple weeks ago. Had some good rain 4 weeks ago which helped cool things down. Deer are looking good! Having a hard time uploading with the new site but I will figure it out.

Name:	Water Hole 8.10 (1).jpg
Views:	388
Size:	450.5 KB
ID:	26590190

Name:	Dos Posas 8.29 (15).jpg
Views:	412
Size:	380.0 KB
ID:	26590188 Click image for larger version

Name:	Arrowhead 8.20 (3).jpg
Views:	391