The Official Scotch Whiskey Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Take em View Post
    Anybody have interest in Johnny Walker Blue? trades for Bourbon or guns or ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m a fan. What do you want for it?

Comment

I have some pretty good employees , I came in and a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue was sitting on my Desk. I cant wait to break it open tonight .

Comment

Ive got most of a bottle of Lavagulin Guinness aged Scotch Id trade for a good irish whisky or bourbon. I love Guinness, but that ones a bit smokey for my taste

Comment

Originally posted by Bama View Post
          I have some pretty good employees , I came in and a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue was sitting on my Desk. I cant wait to break it open tonight .
          Interested in what you think about it.
          My wife bought me a bottle for our anniversary. I wasn’t impressed for what it costs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
            Interested in what you think about it.
            My wife bought me a bottle for our anniversary. I wasn’t impressed for what it costs.
            It's good very good but it's not something I would buy at that price .

Comment

Following a suggestion from a fellow scotch drinker, I tried a bottle of Highland Queen Majesty 16 Year. I was very impressed.

Comment

Highly Recommend this distiller, been drinking their products recently.

The art of producing handcrafted Single Malt Scotch Whisky. A drop of pure Highland Gold.

I keep a Dewars 12 or Johnnie Black on the bench and then from time to time buy a nice Single malt. Honey or band aids, I have the taste for it. Scotch is like mothers milk to me and I can drink a fifth of the good stuff on a Fri or Sat night so I keep the blended bench whiskey around so I don’t go broke haha.

Comment

Glad to see this thread bumped back up. I did a hard shift to bourbon. Well, a mostly hard shift. I did so because I wanted to participate in a more uniquely American pour. Well, after a few years of chasing the easter eggs I had a young man I recently sold a scope to on here named Lincoln say something that has echoed in my mind since. He said "I love bourbon, but it's too hard to find. It got all yuppied up and now you can't find anything unless you get lucky. I am thinking about trying a Scotch." I turned him on to a Dalmore 12 and thought about that the rest of the night, and many times since.

I think I agree with Lincoln. I have a ton of bourbon to finish off, but slowly, but surely, I am going back to Scotch full time. You can find it. The good stuff is consistent, and wherever you look, and it ain't no dang easter egg.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                    Glad to see this thread bumped back up. I did a hard shift to bourbon. Well, a mostly hard shift. I did so because I wanted to participate in a more uniquely American pour. Well, after a few years of chasing the easter eggs I had a young man I recently sold a scope to on here named Lincoln say something that has echoed in my mind since. He said "I love bourbon, but it's too hard to find. It got all yuppied up and now you can't find anything unless you get lucky. I am thinking about trying a Scotch." I turned him on to a Dalmore 12 and thought about that the rest of the night, and many times since.

I think I agree with Lincoln. I have a ton of bourbon to finish off, but slowly, but surely, I am going back to Scotch full time. You can find it. The good stuff is consistent, and wherever you look, and it ain't no dang easter egg.
                    It’s gotten crazy.
                    It wasn’t that long ago I could walk into specs and grab a bottle of weller 12 or Blanton’s easily…Those days are over…
                    I now drink more Scotch and Tequila.

Comment

I do like a good scotch and cigar. Glad this came back up as well.

Comment

I've still got about half of this. Course I haven't had anything for the last 2-1/2 years due to a change in my diet. But keep it around. A man never knows when he's gonna need a nice sip.

This stuff does leave a sweetness on the lips. Probably from the rum cask.Click image for larger version

Name:	20151030_191822.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	24670955

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Picked this up last night. A present to myself for surviving the first semester of school. (It has really sucked this year!)
                          A good scotch, very smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
                            I acquired a bottle of Ardbeg Supernova 2019 this weekend. Reviews say it's heavy on peat and smoke. Anyone ever tried it?
                            Did you try it yet? I'm a fan of Ardbeg, and pretty much all Islay Scotches. My go-to is Lag16 but have been curious about this one for a while.

Comment

Cheers boys!

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Since I went back to Scotch, for some silly reason I started drinking it neat in a Glencairn whiskey glass. Everything changed for me at that point. Now I no longer like the easy, light feeling of the Spey's and Highland's, now I want to peatiest and smokiest I can find. Right now I am stuck on Laphroaig 10. I love that stuff.

Anyone have any other recommendations for stuff that is as good as Laphroaig 10?

Comment

Working...
                                X