No announcement yet.

Spotting Scope Angled or Straight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I prefer straight. Most of my use has been while glassing country with 15x56 sworovski's
    or 16x60 zeiss tripod mounted and it was so easy to go back and forth between the bino's and spotting scope

Comment

I sell quite of few spotting scopes and that question is asked by most customers.

I sell about 80% angled and 20% straight.

For me personally I like the straight for my intended uses, but I sell more angled.

Comes down to what you are using it for as mentioned above and mostly person preference. Both will get the job done. One may be a little more comfortable than the other for certain applications.

Comment

Will definitely be sitting down basically anytime it is used possibly prone on the range. Will probably never be used standing. May see some use from the truck on the window.

It is sounding like the straight will be better as it seems most of the time when I am glassing it is either straight in front or down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
          For the guys that use a spotting scope frequently, do y'all like having the straight or the angled eye piece better? Perks of one over the other? Primary purpose for it is going to be hunting out West, elk, muleys, pronghorn etc... will be a while before purchasing so just in the research stage of things. Been using a pair of 10x42 steiners for several years and like them but they can only reach out so far before they are just good for seeing bodies and that's it. Cant tell bucks from does etc...
          It’s all about how you use it majority of the time. Some of the angled you can run sideways, so it works some what like an angled.. key is some what.

If you use it from a blind or truck the majority of the time go straight.
          If you use it from the ground via tripod standing or sitting go angled.
          Again it’s how you use it the majority of the time.

I use my spotter a ton from truck and blind/high rack so I run straight. Out west I tend to use my bino’s more from tripod then my SS, I run Siri carbon tripod think 24 and Outdoorsmens pistol grip head

Comment

Working...
          X