No announcement yet.

Things to do in DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I strongly suggest you take a trip to Baltimore and go to the aquarium. It is absolutely amazing and will ruin all future trips to any other aquarium.

Comment

Originally posted by haztech3 View Post
      You can visit my Brother in Arlington... Drop a Coin or a pebble on his head stone.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapseed.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	24535570

Stopped by to pay my respects to your brother. I’m sure he was a great man and is missed very much. Sorry for your loss. Thanks to your brother for his service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Air and space museum is definitely cool, but take a ride out to the one at the airport. That is where the Enola Gay, Discovery, and an SR71 are housed.

The Metro is your friend for getting around. Uber coverage is extensive as well and cars are available pretty much on demand with no wait

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
          [ATTACH]903597[/ATTACH]

Stopped by to pay my respects to your brother. I’m sure he was a great man and is missed very much. Sorry for your loss. Thanks to your brother for his service.

Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
            Air & Space and Natural History my favorites. If you can work it in, the Antietam battlefield isn't too far away and same for Gettysburg. Ft McHenry in Baltimore is a great visit too.
            I was going to suggest Ft. McHenry and the historic ships of Baltimore (within a couple of miles of each other). It is only about an hour drive from DC.

Ft. McHenry was on my bucket list and finally got to make the trip. The historic ships at the inner harbor are great if someone is into history. The USCG Taney is the last surviving floating ship from the attack on Pearl Harbor, the submarine USS Torsk was the last vessel to sink a Japanese warship (actually 2) a couple of days before the war ended and the USS Constellation was the last all sail powered ship purchased by the US Navy and last surviving Civil War era ship, with all guns and still afloat more than 160 years later. Right across the street (if I remember correctly) is the National Aquarium.

Those are great places and oh so close to DC.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
              [ATTACH]903597[/ATTACH]

No words Brother....... Thank you a million Times from the bottom of my heart.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have been here since Sunday. Some of the worst and most expensive food of any place I have been to.

Although, the sites are very special.
                Last edited by Bayouboy; 05-22-2018, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X