No announcement yet.

Things to do in DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fords Theater. It’s still active. After all the walking we needed some sit down time. We went to a show there. It was not planned and the best part of our trip. Across the street is a good place for breakfast.

Comment

Congressional

Burning Tree

Comment

Visit the monuments at night. We started doing this a few years back and would strongly advise it.

Comment

Glad this came up. I will be going in May.

Comment

Could always just do what the politicians do when they get there Lie, Cheat and Steal. But seriously the museums are great as well as the historical tours. I could have spent my entire trip inside the Smithsonian.

Comment

Too many things to list. I've been twice in the last 5 years and still didn't have enough time

Marine Corps Silent Drill Platoon Sunset Parades don't start until June though

Comment

Take a trip out to Mount Vernon

Tour the Capital if you get a chance. Its amazing how much work went into the architecture of that building. Library of Congress as well.

The Smithsonian's are nice. I was not impressed with the Air and Space Museum on the Mall.

Go see the Constitution.

The food is good, but it can get expensive quick.

Have fun.

Washington

Comment

Contact your Representative's DC office to get a better tour of the Capitol than just showing up. The tour guide is generally an intern. Also contact Cornyn's and Cruz's offices and you can stop in to see them if they aren't in meetings. If you are a political junkie, it's pretty cool to walk through the congressional office buildings. I saw Rep John Lewis a few years ago when we were trying to find our Rep's office.

Comment

If you were going to be at the Capitol on Tuesday, I believe Cornyn still hosts a Texas Tuesday meet and greet in the Capitol Visitors Center. Good chance to talk to their staff. Cruz was there when we went so got to meet him also. Contact Cornyn's office to make reservations or check his website for details.

Comment

Tell them to get the wall built ASAP

Comment

You can visit my Brother in Arlington... Drop a Coin or a pebble on his head stone.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by haztech3 View Post
                          You can visit my Brother in Arlington... Drop a Coin or a pebble on his head stone.
                          I know it's no consolation to the loss of your brother but his body lies in hallowed ground. It doesn't take long on a visit to the National Cemetery to understand what "hallowed ground" means.

There are lot's of people, including most politicians, I see in the media who I'd like to drag by the head of their hair to the National Cemetery. I'd love to show them every headstone of our nations fallen service members and explain their rank, what war/conflict they served in, how old they were when they died (too young), etc..

Then maybe they'd understand why we shouldn't surrender the freedoms these men and women gave their lives to defend.

Comment

Pretty amazing place so far.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                              Pretty amazing place so far.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapseed.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	24535548Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0091.jpg
Views:	1