Comment

2018 saltwater fishing thread

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
      Congrats jaker and Hellrazor!
      Jaker were those fish from lower coast?

South of Baffin, not sure where the cutoff is

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
        Had a pretty great night under the full moon 3 man limit with 4 over 27"

Epic! Congrats!!!

Comment

This is really cool.....MSU recently tagged 8 big tarpon and are tracking them in the gulf. Here's travel maps from 3 of them.

https://www.facebook.com/MarineFishe...88948625189226

Comment

Hit the south padre surf today and didn’t catch anything. No fish really moving anywhere, was still fun getting out there with a buddy I hadn’t fished with in a while.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6772.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	24547362

I think I’m going to stick to boat fishing, seems like wading I always get skunked, lol!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
              Hit the south padre surf today and didn’t catch anything. No fish really moving anywhere, was still fun getting out there with a buddy I hadn’t fished with in a while.
              [ATTACH]917782[/ATTACH]

I think I’m going to stick to boat fishing, seems like wading I always get skunked, lol!!!

I've never had much luck wading either. It's different for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

All I caught was 2 nice sunrises this past weekend.

Comment

Anybody fishing this event on Saturday?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                    Ol

Trout have been coming from the natural gut all along the king ranch shoreline and some spots along Laguna shores road. There's trout all over the drop on the king ranch. The flats in front of marker 37 to the cp&l channel have reds all over it. No big schools but a bunch of scattered fish. Had our 6 reds on the first wade and released prob 10 oversized.
                    Thanks, dude.

Comment

Just got back from our annual trip to the ULM with the family and had a blast! We flat wore out the reds till we got tired if catching them. 75% came from topwaters the rest from spoons and tsls. Worst trip for trout I have had in a long long times down there...we caught our limits almost every day but had to work for them. Not much in the way if size either think we had one 26 and a couple 25s. We did have a blast catching kings on our trout rods for a couple days towards the end when the wind layed. Landed 4 the first day and 3 the next losing several at the boat and getting completely spooled once. Nothing like seeing half your spool empty on the first run! Had a blast and will be back soon.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                        Just got back from our annual trip to the ULM with the family and had a blast! We flat wore out the reds till we got tired if catching them. 75% came from topwaters the rest from spoons and tsls. Worst trip for trout I have had in a long long times down there...we caught our limits almost every day but had to work for them. Not much in the way if size either think we had one 26 and a couple 25s. We did have a blast catching kings on our trout rods for a couple days towards the end when the wind layed. Landed 4 the first day and 3 the next losing several at the boat and getting completely spooled once. Nothing like seeing half your spool empty on the first run! Had a blast and will be back soon.
                        What areas where y’all fishing headed down this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                          Had a pretty great night under the full moon 3 man limit with 4 over 27"

I know that last ugly son of a gun, he can flat wear some Coors Light out. Great stringer of fish, I have yet to bust 30 yet. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                            What areas where y’all fishing headed down this weekend.
                            Mainly in front of Laguna shores road and from the cp&l channel to pure oil channel along the king ranch shoreline. Best trout came from the boat hole but not alot of numbers. There's drum all along the flats in front of the king ranch and along packery channel. We didn't go after them but saw hundreds.

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
                              I know that last ugly son of a gun, he can flat wear some Coors Light out. Great stringer of fish, I have yet to bust 30 yet. Congrats!

Ol C Hawn is about as good as they come. And yes we wore out the CL's all weekend.

Comment

3 man limit of solid trout + 2 reds by 9:40 then caught & released another 3 man limit of trout. Fishing the surf out of POC.

Comment

Working...
                                X