2018 saltwater fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
    Haven't fished those yet...Need to get my hands on some.

My go to is the Saltwater Assassin 4" Sea Shad in Bone Diamond. Killer bait for sho.
    most of everything ive seen and read tend to lean towards down south and fishbites. i had never heard of them until i was at surfside a couple weeks ago

Comment

Fished surf this morning about 3 miles S from SLP. Water was sandy and only caught 1 trout on topwater. Went back to the bay and managed a couple trout and 1 red. Wind was NE but laid about 10:00 and water was clearing up pretty good when I left.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
        most of everything ive seen and read tend to lean towards down south and fishbites. i had never heard of them until i was at surfside a couple weeks ago
        Lots lures will accomplish the same tasks. The newer stuff is just more purdy.

Comment

Gorda Webcam looking good right now. Any reports and wonder if it will hold thru tomorrow morning?

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
            Haven't fished those yet...Need to get my hands on some.

My go to is the Saltwater Assassin 4" Sea Shad in Bone Diamond. Killer bait for sho.

I fished Norten sand eel jrs for years and still do some time to time, but panhandle hunter introduced me to the DSL and they are a better mouse trap IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ol
              Originally posted by El General View Post
              I'm gonna be down there next week. You mind sharing where you are finding fish?
              Trout have been coming from the natural gut all along the king ranch shoreline and some spots along Laguna shores road. There's trout all over the drop on the king ranch. The flats in front of marker 37 to the cp&l channel have reds all over it. No big schools but a bunch of scattered fish. Had our 6 reds on the first wade and released prob 10 oversized.

Comment

Originally posted by chehunt View Post
                Gorda Webcam looking good right now. Any reports and wonder if it will hold thru tomorrow morning?

It will definitely hold through tomorrow. My uncle went to Sargent today, he said water was dirty and he only caught 3 trout, and those didn't come in the surf. I imagine the bite will be early, and possibly mid day with this big moon.

Comment

Surf forecast is actually showing flat till next Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                    I fished Norten sand eel jrs for years and still do some time to time, but panhandle hunter introduced me to the DSL and they are a better mouse trap IMO.

I can imagine the newer soft plastics have a better action because of the technology. I think they make the DSL in a bone diamond color. That with some "dark" color would be my two choices.

Comment

Didn’t catch jack this morning. Took my bride out to see the “pretty” water. Will head back out in a few hours to fish seriously!

Comment

Anyone tried the south padre surf for trout? I’m headed out there on Monday to give it a go and any tips on what color they’re hitting best would be appreciated.

Comment

Went out yesterday evening and took a local kid. Caught three slot reds between us. No pictures unfortunately because I gave them to the kid...

All I did today is clean the boat. Tide is still very low and I would rather catch than fish so I will wait for a better day. On a positive note, the boat is clean as new and all rods have been restrung and rigged.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1327.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	24547232
                            Hit Matagorda this morning, we ended up two short of a three man limit. Water was in good shape, all trout caught on artificial.

Comment

Great trip in E Matty today. Throwing barking monkeys. Fished to 23 in here & we let 3 go between 26 & 28 inches. Beautiful day to be on the water. Sunrise was beautiful with the big full moon in the west sky.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                                Great trip in E Matty today. Throwing barking monkeys. Fished to 23 in here & we let 3 go between 26 & 28 inches. Beautiful day to be on the water. Sunrise was beautiful with the big full moon in the west sky.
                                Nice! I got caught up with work and wasn't able to take advantage of these winds.

Comment

Working...
                                X