No announcement yet.

2018 saltwater fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Came here looking for the story on Poco's beast after seeing a picture on instagram. Hope we have a story to read this afternoon. Monster fish!

Comment

Some of the story is on 2cool

Comment

Originally posted by gonecoastal View Post
        Came here looking for the story on Poco's beast after seeing a picture on instagram. Hope we have a story to read this afternoon. Monster fish!

He posted it on FB

The video of it dumping an 80w trx is crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
          Here is what's on FB.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Dadgum what a beast. Big congrats to you poco

Comment

It made the News4 FB page today. The comments are laughable.

Now THIS is a Texas-sized shark! Poco Cedillo of Robstown, near Corpus Christi, made what he called "the catch of multiple life times" over the weekend at the Padre Island National Seashore....

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
              My buddy’s trailer, not mine. I was just the one that knew how to fix it and had the tools....

A new tandem aluminum trailer is on my short list. I’m interested in the Vault hubs unless I have to take to a dealer for cleaning and repacking. I would rather do it myself every couple of years than have to take it in every 5 years.
              Yes sir, see above. Easy to do.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Has anyone fished Keller bay?
                Some general info on it would be excellent! Looking at the google earth, there doesn't appear to be any midbay reefs or hazards to watch out for?

Comment

PM Report

It was a catch fest with one problem, it took 15 catches to get a keeper. Seriously, 1 in 15 went in the cooler, it was fun, but tough. Pretty much hit anything you threw in a sand pocket. We did manage a couple 22-24's and one guy caught a 28. Fun time with great guys. Here's one pic for SWS since he doesn't like me posting reports without pics. Besides that, the rest of the pics would look the same.
                  Attached Files

Comment

We messed em up pretty good Saturday in PoC with Jimbo Barnes. Limits of trout for all and one red. Easily threw back 3 more limits, caught trout on every wade. Nothing of any special size, but dang near all were keepers, lots of 16" fish.
                    Attached Files

Comment

That's what I like to hear!! Glad y'all had a good time and caught some fish.

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
                      We messed em up pretty good Saturday in PoC with Jimbo Barnes. Limits of trout for all and one red. Easily threw back 3 more limits, caught trout on every wade. Nothing of any special size, but dang near all were keepers, lots of 16" fish.
                      Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Guys I have a question. What is a 2004 Alumacraft Bay Invader with a 2004 optimax worth? Its a 19', has just over 300 hours, needs seats recovered and the jack plate needs rewired.
                        Other than that it seems to be in good shape.

Thanks for any input.

Comment

2018 saltwater fishing thread

Originally posted by matthews1227 View Post
                          Guys I have a question. What is a 2004 Alumacraft Bay Invader with a 2004 optimax worth? Its a 19', has just over 300 hours, needs seats recovered and the jack plate needs rewired.

Thanks for any input.

With needing the work I would say (sight unseen) $3k-$3.5k that also depends on the trailer. If you had all the work done on it you may fetch closer to $10k but again, that depends on the trailer and sight unseen and apparently I am not a good judge of boat values because mine is still for sale and it needs nothing but a new owner.

Last edited by Brazos Hunter; 07-17-2018, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                            It was a catch fest with one problem, it took 15 catches to get a keeper. Seriously, 1 in 15 went in the cooler, it was fun, but tough. Pretty much hit anything you threw in a sand pocket. We did manage a couple 22-24's and one guy caught a 28. Fun time with great guys. Here's one pic for SWS since he doesn't like me posting reports without pics. Besides that, the rest of the pics would look the same.
                            You gettin' the hang of it!! BUT now I got a crick in my neck! That's still a fun day if you got your string pulled 15 times as many as the number of fish on your stringer!!

Comment

Originally posted by matthews1227 View Post

Thanks for any input.
                              Motor isn’t worth pooooo, boats don’t loose much value if kept in shape

Comment

I didn’t have to work today, I should have went fishing. Oh well, I’m on vacation next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X