2018 saltwater fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
    Full moon killed my last trip too... trips before that I was slamming them. Also had about a 4 foot blacktip come by me. First shark I've seen in years out there.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    I did have the chartreuse tail bitten off of my tx roach and COC Down south about 6 times. I think that since I was fishing weedless, I wasn't letting them hold it long enough before setting the hook? Not sure.

Comment

Not sure bubba. We found fish, lots of fish cruising flats that would run the other way when you threw at them. Strangest trip I've had in years.
      Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
      I did have the chartreuse tail bitten off of my tx roach and COC Down south about 6 times. I think that since I was fishing weedless, I wasn't letting them hold it long enough before setting the hook? Not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
        Not sure bubba. We found fish, lots of fish cruising flats that would run the other way when you threw at them. Strangest trip I've had in years.

Yall fish this weekend?

I blame the moon and lack of tide movement, definitely not my fishing abilities. I mean fish live in the water and I was fishing in the water, so it obviously wasn't me.

Comment

Fished West Matagorda Saturday and Sunday. Ran out the diversion - holy smokes longest Ive ever seen the markers go out. Very well marked. That being said, we fished from pipeline to middlegrounds Saturday using soft plastics and the only thing I caught was an unidentifiable fish, luckily he got off when I tried to use the bogas to lip him. Sunday I used plastics again and my buddy bought some croaker. We fished generally the same area as Saturday and I caught a Undersize red, my buddy caught two small specs and 1 keeper. Was not near as crowded as I expected it to be.
          Hoping to be back down in 2 weeks.
          I think everybody was in East Matagorda. Lol. It was packed down on the east end yesterday. Boats every 4-500 yards on the shoreline and on every reef. We just made one wade, had 2 reds and 4 trout. We headed back around 9.

Comment

Yall fish this weekend?

I blame the moon and lack of tide movement, definitely not my fishing abilities. I mean fish live in the water and I was fishing in the water, so it obviously wasn't me.
            Thursday a little west of where you fished. Same pattern though.

It's been a strange year anyway. Not sure what has happened to our constant SE summer breeze. This year it's been a constant SW or due S. West Matagorda is set up perfect for a SE wind, the whole bay except the far west end will clear up. Hasn't happened this year... Also the tides have been horribly low this year. The high tide seems like the normal low, and on low tide you better know where you're going or what you're doing in skinny water or you'll be in a bind quick. All these factors have affected this year's fishing east/west Matty... just my take anyway...

Comment

You ain't lying about that SW wind. Look in the extended forecast and it's here again for this week. Really messes me up, I like that east end of East Matty.

Comment

We need some water, fell out late last week and hasn't come back. Think about fishing deeper pot holes. What part of Baffin did you fish? What did the water look like?
                Originally posted by Bassbuster View Post
                Headed down to ulm this weekend. Let's her a report from the area. I was down there two weeks ago but spent most the time in Baffin.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                  We need some water, fell out late last week and hasn't come back. Think about fishing deeper pot holes. What part of Baffin did you fish? What did the water look like?
                  Water was alittle off colored but not bad. Fished black bluff and los corrales at day light did good most trout were 18"+. Just they were tons of small fish too. Then went to tide gauge it was the same there. Lots of Dinks to pick up a few Keepers. I'm hoping to find some fish between the causeway and Baffin hopefully not have to go all the way to Baffin. Regardless of the fishing it's better than working.

Comment

What are you all throwing for these awesome catches.

Comment

Plum/chartreuse Down South Lures and Chicken on a Chain Hogies is what I throw 98% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                        Here's a good one from the weekend. CPR

That’s a stud!

Comment

Anyone braving the 4th of July crowds tomorrow? I will be sitting in a buddy's pool drinking many cervezas!

Yall post pics if ya do hit the water!

Comment

Anyone braving the 4th of July crowds tomorrow? I will be sitting in a buddy's pool drinking many cervezas!

Yall post pics if ya do hit the water!

Not I but I will be braving the rain on Thursday.

Comment

I plan on fishing this weekend. Actually looks like it might be a good surf weekend.

Comment

I'm probably going to give it a shot in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X