• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
    Where’s your store?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bay City.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
      I like a texas rigged slugo or saltwater assasin with no weight. You can skim it over the top of the grass and let it sink in the breaks between. Then jerk it back out again when you feel it getting bogged down. The grass slides right off. Trick is to keep as much of your line on the surface as possible. This was my go to strategy in Nine Mile Hole.
      Many moons ago, we fished with Jeff Wahl out of Port Aransas late in the season and the grass was pretty bad. He had a rig up that was very good that worked with this principle... He had a cigar cork (like a Mansfield mauler) rigged up with heavy mono, like 100# blue water leader material instead of the stiff wire like the maulers. We fished soft plastics under it about 18". It let the plastic drop straight down under the cork through the grass, then a pop and it'd jump straight up, then back down a gain... We used weedless 1/8 oz screw lock jig heads... They worked like a champ... That was probably back in '85 or so... been using that set up since in grass. With those Troutsupport Grass Walkers rigged weightless, you can fish them without need of the cork... still work pretty good with a weighted hook too if you need to get down a bit...

Man, that Shane n Shane trip sounded like a good one! Too bad the fish weren't as hungry... Maybe y'all should 'a done like them Cajuns do... tip your plastic with a little DEAD SHRIMP!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        Many moons ago, we fished with Jeff Wahl out of Port Aransas late in the season and the grass was pretty bad. He had a rig up that was very good that worked with this principle... He had a cigar cork (like a Mansfield mauler) rigged up with heavy mono, like 100# blue water leader material instead of the stiff wire like the maulers. We fished soft plastics under it about 18". It let the plastic drop straight down under the cork through the grass, then a pop and it'd jump straight up, then back down a gain... We used weedless 1/8 oz screw lock jig heads... They worked like a champ... That was probably back in '85 or so... been using that set up since in grass. With those Troutsupport Grass Walkers rigged weightless, you can fish them without need of the cork... still work pretty good with a weighted hook too if you need to get down a bit...

Man, that Shane n Shane trip sounded like a good one! Too bad the fish weren't as hungry... Maybe y'all should 'a done like them Cajuns do... tip your plastic with a little DEAD SHRIMP!!
        I despise throwing bait but it was getting to the point if someone would have handed me a live shrimp i would have rigged it up!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Last night was a slaughter

Comment

He'll yeah! That full moon rises and they start eating!! Nicely done boys!
            Originally posted by Jamesdad07 View Post

Comment

Dang. I never waded in the dark but might have to start. I'd have to tie about a dozen chem lights to my hat so I didn't get lost

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                Dang. I never waded in the dark but might have to start. I'd have to tie about a dozen chem lights to my hat so I didn't get lost

Haha I started a couple years back and it is a whole different ballgame. I love it. Especially in the summer because the sun isn’t beaming down on you, and there are generally only about 2-3 boats in all of east bay, so you can fish where you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                  He'll yeah! That full moon rises and they start eating!! Nicely done boys!

Thanks Shane!

Comment

CONGRATS! Great trip!

Comment

Haha I started a couple years back and it is a whole different ballgame. I love it. Especially in the summer because the sun isn’t beaming down on you, and there are generally only about 2-3 boats in all of east bay, so you can fish where you want.

No sun or crowds sounds good to me. I guess y'all get further from the bank and away from the skeeters?

Comment

Love that full moon fishing

Comment

Not lights out this morning but not bad considering a full moon and a west wind. We were off the water by 9.

Comment

dang

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                              Not lights out this morning but not bad considering a full moon and a west wind. We were off the water by 9.

Nice work. Looks like a couple of stud trout in there

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                                y'all get further from the bank and away from the skeeters?

Depends on where the fish are. The majority of the time they pull up close to the shore to feed in the evenings, so we are in pretty skinny water. Skeeters are a pain, but a necessary evil

Comment

Working...
                                X