Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drop Tine View Post
    I'll take you up on that!

Holler! We can figure it out! We both like doing something different!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mrpage25 View Post
      Anybody got a blazer bay? Looking at one tomorrow to get, tell me what you like and don’t like
      I had the 675 ultimate bay, Love that rig and kinda regret selling it. I've also run the 2420GTS, it's nice to but not being fully capped I feel you could argue the 675 is a smoother ride. Very well made boats that are finished nicely. Mine was pretty quick with a 250 SHO. The 2420 I ran had a 300 merc. that moved the boat very well. With the trim tabs it could run really skinny considering it was a v-hull. I never really tried to get up very shallow but I'm sure it would get up in less than 2' with no issue. The 675 had tons of storage as well. Not much I can say bad about that boat. I may be a little biased but I've run many bay boats and enjoyed the blazer the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
        My oldest son Easton has been wanting to catch a redfish for 4 years now. He checked it off his bucket list in a big way Tuesday morning. Big fight he had on his hands but he hung tough and got it in the boat in a hair past 10 minutes.

[ATTACH]913521[/ATTACH]
        Epic!!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Ground it out with Mexico this afternoon. The water was great and the fish were everywhere. We just couldn't trick very many of them into biting.

I think we ended up with about five or six trout. , one under size red and a 23" drum I sight casted a DSL to.

It's been a long time since I've seen Reds piled up like that and not want to bite. The grass was a little bit of an issue but once I switch to a 1/8 oz jig head and wasn't as bad

Thanks for the hospitality Shane, I had a great time and I'd love to do it again

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post

[ATTACH]913521[/ATTACH]

Way to go Easton!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              Ground it out with Mexico this afternoon. The water was great and the fish were everywhere. We just couldn't trick very many of them into biting.

I think we ended up with about five or six trout. , one under size red and a 23" drum I sight casted a DSL to.

It's been a long time since I've seen Reds piled up like that and not want to bite. The grass was a little bit of an issue but once I switch to a 1/8 oz jig head and wasn't as bad

Thanks for the hospitality Shane, I had a great time and I'd love to do it again
              My pleasure Shane! Man it was a tough day fishing... I haven't had redfish act like that in a long time. I think we both literally walked up to over 20 plus reds sight casting and they just threw us a cold shoulder. BUT it was nice to be on the water with a fellow TBHr who's love for the salt and outdoors runs deep in his viens.. until next time bubba...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mrpage25 View Post
                Anybody got a blazer bay? Looking at one tomorrow to get, tell me what you like and don’t like
                What model you looking at?

I have the 2220 professional and really like it. I have a Suzuki 250ss and it pushes it great. Planning to add trim tabs to help with the ride a little but over all love it.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  You guys having grass issues, go get you some of these! rig 'em weightless with a 4 or 5/0 screwlock hook (look at the Troutsupport videos on rigging.), and you can fish 'em top or subsurface, walk the dog or add a weighted hook and fish 'em as a normal soft plastic... They work like a champ in floating grass or in growing grass.

https://troutsupport.com/product/trout-support-lure
                  Walking across those flats yesterday I was wanting my bass worm bag. We had a little trick back in the day for punching thru grass mats.

We'd take a tooth pick tip between the line and the weight of a standard bullet weight. It would keep the weight from sliding and go right thru the grass without getting fowled. I was thinking a worm hook rigged Texas style and a pinned bullet weight on my plastics .

Comment

I like a texas rigged slugo or saltwater assasin with no weight. You can skim it over the top of the grass and let it sink in the breaks between. Then jerk it back out again when you feel it getting bogged down. The grass slides right off. Trick is to keep as much of your line on the surface as possible. This was my go to strategy in Nine Mile Hole.

Comment

Back of Baffin

I haven't ventured back there in a while but had a friend tell me the water is junk starting at the Bluffs all the way back.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        You guys having grass issues, go get you some of these! rig 'em weightless with a 4 or 5/0 screwlock hook (look at the Troutsupport videos on rigging.), and you can fish 'em top or subsurface, walk the dog or add a weighted hook and fish 'em as a normal soft plastic... They work like a champ in floating grass or in growing grass.

https://troutsupport.com/product/trout-support-lure

I just looked for them at FTU, but didnt find any. Do they not sell them there?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesdad07 View Post

We have them at my store in Bay City if you get over that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesdad07 View Post

Nope. Anglers anonymous in Katy is closest.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                              I haven't ventured back there in a while but had a friend tell me the water is junk starting at the Bluffs all the way back.
                              Brown tide or just blown out and dirty? It’s proably decent water if it was in the Galveston complex.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                                Nope. Anglers anonymous in Katy is closest.
                                Preciate it

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                                We have them at my store in Bay City if you get over that way.

Right on. I think I’m hitting it tonight out of Sargent, but riding with a buddy. Might have to talk him into stopping by

Comment

Working...
                                X