No announcement yet.

2018 saltwater fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow that is a lot of fish for a little man!

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
      My oldest son Easton has been wanting to catch a redfish for 4 years now. He checked it off his bucket list in a big way Tuesday morning. Big fight he had on his hands but he hung tough and got it in the boat in a hair past 10 minutes.

[ATTACH]913521[/ATTACH]

That's cool! My son wants to go catch a redfish sometime but I don't know jack about saltwater! I need to find somebody to trade some saltwater time for some slab slinging!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
        That's cool! My son wants to go catch a redfish sometime but I don't know jack about saltwater! I need to find somebody to trade some saltwater time for some slab slinging!

Save a weekend in late September, I've got a buddy with a cheap rental do here, and I'll take you and your boy out for some redfish slaying.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post

I'll take you up on that!

Comment

My oldest son Easton has been wanting to catch a redfish for 4 years now. He checked it off his bucket list in a big way Tuesday morning. Big fight he had on his hands but he hung tough and got it in the boat in a hair past 10 minutes.

[ATTACH]913521[/ATTACH]
            Man, what a pic!! Congratulations to the young fisherman!! That is totally awesome! Hope you put his tag on that one and some day have it hanging on the wall for him... Be a while before you're able to wipe that smile off his face!!

My congratulations to the guide as well!!

Comment

Anybody got a blazer bay? Looking at one tomorrow to get, tell me what you like and don’t like

Comment

2018 saltwater fishing thread

I looked at them and test drove one, they seem really nice for the price.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpage25 View Post
                  Anybody got a blazer bay? Looking at one tomorrow to get, tell me what you like and don’t like

Buddy of mine has one and it seems like a solid boat.

Comment

Stickman guided out of one for a few years I believe shoot him a pm and I'm sure he's give you his thoughts. Checked them out a waypoint and looked like a well built boat.never ran one though

Comment

PM Stickman, he just sold his Blazer Bay.

Comment

I was hoping to be able to contribute to this thread.

The extended family and I just got back from Belize and to say we had a good time is a huge understatement. My son, nephew, and daughter (6, 5, 4 respectively) slaughtered some Snapper on the reef. We caught over 30 in 4 hours and had the best ceviche and fish tacos for lunch that day. The snapper were not large by any stretch of the imagination, but we caught enough to feed a party of nine with some left overs. The small ones we threw up to the birds, which would catch them mid air for an inflight meal (better than what United served us on the flight down). However, I was most impressed with our guides ability to catch the day’s bait in a Cast Net.

A few days later, my brother and I went fly fishing for bone fish. While the “catching” was slow, we had some good opportunities and I felt like I was finally able put the fly line where it needed to go. My brother closed the deal on a nice one.

Also, a group at the hotel went lobster diving and brought back enough lobster for half the hotel!

Glad to be able to post some good fishing pics on here after following you guys for half the year. Keep the good fishing stories coming and thank God for the great times and great meals.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                          Save a weekend in late September, I've got a buddy with a cheap rental do here, and I'll take you and your boy out for some redfish slaying.

We can do that! I have no tourneys in Sept unless we go to the crappie masters national championship and I don't think funds are gonna allow that this year. Texas state championship is Oct 12/13 on Fork! Excited about that one. I got a score to settle with that lake.

Comment

Originally posted by Bort View Post
                            I was hoping to be able to contribute to this thread.

The extended family and I just got back from Belize and to say we had a good time is a huge understatement. My son, nephew, and daughter (6, 5, 4 respectively) slaughtered some Snapper on the reef. We caught over 30 in 4 hours and had the best ceviche and fish tacos for lunch that day. The snapper were not large by any stretch of the imagination, but we caught enough to feed a party of nine with some left overs. The small ones we threw up to the birds, which would catch them mid air for an inflight meal (better than what United served us on the flight down). However, I was most impressed with our guides ability to catch the day’s bait in a Cast Net.

A few days later, my brother and I went fly fishing for bone fish. While the “catching” was slow, we had some good opportunities and I felt like I was finally able put the fly line where it needed to go. My brother closed the deal on a nice one.

Also, a group at the hotel went lobster diving and brought back enough lobster for half the hotel!

Glad to be able to post some good fishing pics on here after following you guys for half the year. Keep the good fishing stories coming and thank God for the great times and great meals.
                            Going in a month - stoked!

Comment

[ATTACH]913521[/ATTACH]
                              CONGRATS to the young man!!

Comment

Just rolled into Seadrift. Several folks were fishing from the pier so I’ll relax for a couple hours then go clean house on ‘em [emoji6]

Comment

Working...
                                X