Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 saltwater fishing thread

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
    Headed back in from west easy red limits trout a different story, picked up one 18 inch fish. Grass has had a major bloom in West. Fish are loving it but I'm not .

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

It was real bad in East Bay too this past weekend.

Comment

Headed back in from west easy red limits trout a different story, picked up one 18 inch fish. Grass has had a major bloom in West. Fish are loving it but I'm not .

Good Lord how I want some red limits!

Comment

Sometimes the trout run up into the back cuts/lakes with the reds, I fished some guts and drops out in the bay. The reds were there but no trout?? Very strange for this time of year. Tomorrow I'll try a different strategy... I'm sure this full moon isn't giving me any love either...

Comment

When yall put new line on a reel, what do you do with the remainder? Normally when I buy braid, Ill buy a 150YD spool and wont use the entire spool. Do yall throw away the remaining line, or do you spool a new reel with the remaining amount and when that spool is empty, open a new package, tie a knot and continue on?

Currently I buy a new package, but it sucks having this all these 3/4 used spools.

Comment

So topwaters are out of the question?

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
              So topwaters are out of the question?
              The area I was in absolutely..

Comment

The full moon produced decently last night in East.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesdad07 View Post
                  The full moon produced decently last night in East.

Nice. I'm going to have to try that one night. Maybe do a little gifting too. I'm building a floundering boat right now.

Comment

That night fishing is in fire with the full moon! Nice!

Comment

When yall put new line on a reel, what do you do with the remainder? Normally when I buy braid, Ill buy a 150YD spool and wont use the entire spool. Do yall throw away the remaining line, or do you spool a new reel with the remaining amount and when that spool is empty, open a new package, tie a knot and continue on?

Currently I buy a new package, but it sucks having this all these 3/4 used spools.

I turn them into leaders. I use fluorocarbon leaders but have several braided as backups in the off chance I run out

Comment

You guys having grass issues, go get you some of these! rig 'em weightless with a 4 or 5/0 screwlock hook (look at the Troutsupport videos on rigging.), and you can fish 'em top or subsurface, walk the dog or add a weighted hook and fish 'em as a normal soft plastic... They work like a champ in floating grass or in growing grass.

7 years in development. I scrapped the design twice and started over fresh when it wasn’t doing what I thought it should for you. Going through nearly a 1000 modifications and adjustments all to make a lure that was new with great action, long casting, and slow sinking and one that solves the problems we have fishing shallow environments with seagrass, marshgrass, oyster, rocks, mangroves, and even docks.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          You guys having grass issues, go get you some of these! rig 'em weightless with a 4 or 5/0 screwlock hook (look at the Troutsupport videos on rigging.), and you can fish 'em top or subsurface, walk the dog or add a weighted hook and fish 'em as a normal soft plastic... They work like a champ in floating grass or in growing grass.

https://troutsupport.com/product/trout-support-lure
                          Actually planning to pick some of those up at anglers anonymous tomorrow

Comment

Actually planning to pick some of those up at anglers anonymous tomorrow

Good deal! Tobin just introduced a couple new colors that I think will be good ones. I just ordered some of the Coastal Gold. I intend to use them like a gold spoon for reds. Will probably dip some of the tails in hot pink to simulate a Johnson Sprite with the pink bucktail... Will give me the opportunity to work the grass flats for reds like I would elsewhere with a spoon... I already know the reds can't leave these things alone...

Comment

My oldest son Easton has been wanting to catch a redfish for 4 years now. He checked it off his bucket list in a big way Tuesday morning. Big fight he had on his hands but he hung tough and got it in the boat in a hair past 10 minutes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	D4CBE161-529C-4FD8-A2C0-F00676ECCC8A.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	24543642

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post

https://troutsupport.com/product/trout-support-lure
                                We sell the heck out of them, but I've never tried them.

Comment

Working...
                                X