No announcement yet.

2018 saltwater fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ill be in the Flour Bluff , area this weekend soaking some shrimp trying to put my mother-in-law on some fish. . Been real slow this year so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
      Man, Im almost ashamed of my boat. 1987 majek 18ft skiff.

Don’t be at all, my 16 year old Boatright is still catching fish too! She is about to get a new trailer and will get new power if the Yamaha ever gives up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
        You should catch and release those crabs too
        Uh what

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
          Uh what
          He's a crabber...

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
            Had a great time with great fellowship. Fishing was 7 out of a 10 scale with high tides from the storm and scattered fish. Seemed most of the good concentration of fish were North although I did pop a 27'' a few miles South. Size of trout was up from May trip with a few 24'' plus being caught. Reds were shallow!! Purple/Gold and Bone Diamond were the ticket. Two bonus Snook on this trip as well.
            Fished out of the new 2018 Recon with new sponsor Xotic camo and it is an incredible boat.

Feeling Super Blessed!!
            Is that one of Eric’s or shallow sport built?

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
              Is that one of Eric’s or shallow sport built?
              Id guess it not from shallow sport since it says Simmons and not scb

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

Comment

Keep us updated
                  It wasn’t an idea trip by any means. The first spot I hit had more mosquitoes than I have ever seen in my life. I’m talking I would smack 3 or more at a time on my hand, reel 3 or four cranks and smack 2-3 more in the same spot. There was a bunch of trout and reds feeding in there, but I just had to tap out. I’m thinking about hitting it again tonight and am going to pick up some Vitamin B1 to give that a shot.

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                  Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. If I'm night fishing, I'm stabbing them flat fish.

I heard that. I like stabbing flatties in the face too, but on nights with a good moon I can usually get on em pretty good. That just wasn’t the case last night. 2 trout 18 & 20”. The red was 27 3/4 and just shy of 10#

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hadn’t had my coffee and the post said Recon Which I figured shallow sport owned and I missed that big SIMMONS on the side of the boat.
                    Last edited by El General; 06-27-2018, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesdad07 View Post
                      It wasn’t an idea trip by any means. The first spot I hit had more mosquitoes than I have ever seen in my life. I’m talking I would smack 3 or more at a time on my hand, reel 3 or four cranks and smack 2-3 more in the same spot. There was a bunch of trout and reds feeding in there, but I just had to tap out. I’m thinking about hitting it again tonight and am going to pick up some Vitamin B1 to give that a shot.

I heard that. I like stabbing flatties in the face too, but on nights with a good moon I can usually get on em pretty good. That just wasn’t the case last night. 2 trout 18 & 20”. The red was 27 3/4 and just shy of 10#

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      At least it wasn't a total loss

Think I'm gonna fish West Matty tomorrow evening. I'll be rolling out of the harbour around 3, if anyone wants to jump on let me know. It'll be a wade/ artificial trip... I don't do bait

Comment

Think I'm gonna fish West Matty tomorrow evening. I'll be rolling out of the harbour around 3, if anyone wants to jump on let me know. It'll be a wade/ artificial trip... I don't do bait

Good luck. I'll get to jump in with you one of these days. Tomorrow is the one day this week I can't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                          Good luck. I'll get to jump in with you one of these days. Tomorrow is the one day this week I can't do it.
                          One day bubba... we keep missing each other!

Comment

This might be doable. I dont necessarily need to burn the time off but cant take it with me When you need to know by?

Comment

This might be doable. I dont necessarily need to burn the time off but cant take it with me When you need to know by?
                              Just holla at me. Thinking of leaving today and staying a couple of days 281917242five

Comment

Just holla at me. Thinking of leaving today and staying a couple of days 281917242five

Gotcha. I thought about cutting out early but I need to get a log to a mill and off my trailer before the weekend. I'll let you know something here in a few

Comment

Working...
                                X