No announcement yet.

2018 saltwater fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holler when your headed down and i'll see if I can help you out with what the fish are doing. We will be fishing the Redfish Rivalry on July 21st. If your around you should come check out the weigh in.
    Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
    Good looking new sled!!! 400?!

Will be headed for the Upper Laguna for 2 weeks at the end of July and can't wait!

Comment

Hey Rack, I'm assuming that's a skinny water boat that is self bailing?? Sure ain't much freeboard for a "bay" boat... Guess I'm a little "old school" there. Cool looking rig though!

Comment

Let's practice some catch and release fellas...Too many fish being taken out of the bay. They are more fun to catch than they are good to eat.

Comment

5th
          Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
          Holler when your headed down and i'll see if I can help you out with what the fish are doing. We will be fishing the Redfish Rivalry on July 21st. If your around you should come check out the weigh in.
          Will do and appreciate it. Hopefully the schools are in the same areas they were last year at this time but no telling. Ready to slime up the new boat... caught a few limits the weekend I picked it up but didnt have a whole lot of time. Jeff is a very good friend so will def be checking out the weigh in. They having it in aransas pass?

Comment

Yes sir it is, but probably different than you imagine. Your probably thinking of a drain on both the Port and Starboard side like many boats have but this one has a channel molded into the deck along the edges that directs the water to the center rear where there is a single drain, similar to a bath tub. I'll snap a pic for you later.
            Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            Hey Rack, I'm assuming that's a skinny water boat that is self bailing?? Sure ain't much freeboard for a "bay" boat... Guess I'm a little "old school" there. Cool looking rig though!

Comment

Originally posted by Leef View Post
              Let's practice some catch and release fellas...Too many fish being taken out of the bay. They are more fun to catch than they are good to eat.
              You are perfectly welcome to put 'em back. Be extra careful when you do too and try not to harm them. minimal touching, and go ahead and use barbless hooks so you can just jiggle 'em over the side rather than actually putting them in your boat. That way, when I catch 'em, they'll be good and healthy for me to release them too.... In the Grease!!

Comment

Yes sir Redfish Willies... Jeff is a cool cat.
                Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                5th

Will do and appreciate it. Hopefully the schools are in the same areas they were last year at this time but no telling. Ready to slime up the new boat... caught a few limits the weekend I picked it up but didnt have a whole lot of time. Jeff is a very good friend so will def be checking out the weigh in. They having it in aransas pass?

Comment

:That way, when I catch 'em, they'll be good and healthy for me to release them too.... In the Grease!!

Cracked me up [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                    Yes sir Redfish Willies... Jeff is a cool cat.
                    Good deal will come over and watch! Used to fish tournaments with him before he started doing the TD gig....and before I got married! Wife put an end to spending months at a time down south we did just close on a canal lot so will be spending alot more time down there in the next few years just got a get a house built.

Comment

You are perfectly welcome to put 'em back. Be extra careful when you do too and try not to harm them. minimal touching, and go ahead and use barbless hooks so you can just jiggle 'em over the side rather than actually putting them in your boat. That way, when I catch 'em, they'll be good and healthy for me to release them too.... In the Grease!!
                      Lmao! Couldn't have said it better myself!

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                        I have been following ES’s Sabine to South Padre run on an RC-24, heck of a rig!
                        I guess this is FB stuff only?

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          I guess this is FB stuff only?

Yes and instagram

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Paul View Post
                            Yes and instagram

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            Poop!

I have neither so I'll have to poach on wifes

Comment

Leaving for East Matty now for a solo run night wade. I’ll post some pics if I get on a couple fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                                Poop!

I have neither so I'll have to poach on wifes

Dude, give it up. I’m betting even your Dad has a FB!

Comment

Working...
                                X