2018 saltwater fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
    I’ll tell you this, Check the **** tide schedule!!!! We fished Seadrift two days this past weekend hard, and had only 12 keepers between boats. We usually get several limits of drum and reds in two days. But with the water being so dang low, the fish were just not there. Even southpass was horrible fishing. We saw guides running all over the bay around Seadrift and you know, if there moving from spot to spot, ain’t nothing good coming out of it. We fished Pigpen Sunday after lunch and saw about 20-30 stingrays that we’re all between 18-36”. I have never seen so many at one time. There was enough water to put in at dockside. Dockside and Swans Point both had over 50 truck/trailers on Saturday. Sunday maybe 20 at each ramp. We’ll be back in a few weeks and see how it goes. .

Will do and thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2018 saltwater fishing thread

Originally posted by aggieman12 View Post
      I'll be fishing POC Fri/Sat. Haven't taken my boat down there in about 3 years. Let me know if you find em.

First taggged red was turned in today in POC. Caught in a boat slip by a kid. Enter up because ya never know.

Last edited by txoutdoorsman24; 05-30-2018, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
        Went out Saturday and Monday, went to church like a good man should on Sunday, and had nice trout limits both trips. I was done by 730am on Monday up to 24'' and never caught an undersized trout either day. Bone Diamond DSL, 1/8 oz jig head, waist/chest deep reef.
        Started wading with a 6'6 rod instead of a 7' and really like it. Much easier for me to handle, from tangles around the tip to casting in deeper water.
        I got a 6'2" Laguna made a couple of years ago, I dont think I could ever go back to something longer. I love it.

Comment

Galveston bay

We caught some nice ones at Galveston Bay
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TENRMORE View Post
            We caught some nice ones at Galveston Bay
            Nicely done! Man that water looks amazing for Galveston!

Comment

I'm just about gettin' ready to be mad at em. Headed to seadrift in a couple of weeks and its gonna feel like a year until it gets there.

Comment

Had a decent trip over the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                  Had a decent trip over the weekend.

great pics

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                    First taggged red was turned in today in POC. Caught in a boat slip by a kid. Enter up because ya never know.

Nice . Yea the lower coast had an Eleven pound trout turned in.. currently in first. Big surprise.....

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                      Nice . Yea the lower coast had an Eleven pound trout turned in.. currently in first. Big surprise.....

I heard it was middle coast?

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                        We head back to San Antonio Bay/Seadrift Thursday after work. My plan (every trip I change it up because starting this past January, I haven’t caught jack) is to launch out of Swan Point just before first light Friday. Go North and fish the grass line to the first and second canals for reds. Then I’ll jump on the Victoria barge canal and head to the southern end of the bay along Big Reef and Big Bird Island for specs. When I head south more than likely I will drift. May cut over to Drum Bay if the wind doesn’t cooperate?

Will anyone else be down around POC next weekend?

We will be down there this weekend. It’ll be our first time down there this year. If you see a sea foam and bone Haynie tower boat, swing by.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                          We will be down there this weekend. It’ll be our first time down there this year. If you see a sea foam and bone Haynie tower boat, swing by.

Sure will! The same to you but I’ll be in a grey Kenner. I plan on sitting at the ramp ready for it to “open”

Comment

Any recommendations on spots to wade around the Galveston area other than the surf?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesdad07 View Post
                              Nice! I was fishing out of Sargent this weekend too.

Great stringer...that speck on the left looks like a hoss!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                                Great stringer...that speck on the left looks like a hoss!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks Johnny! Had 4 over 23 for the weekend. The others got released, but since she swallowed the hook, she got released into peanut oil [emoji106]

Comment

Working...
                                X