X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks gentlemen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man, you are one fish-catching machine!! Congratulations on a fine trip!!

Comment

Darnit Ray. That’s some dang good fishing you did there

Comment

Very nice poco

Comment

Anybody have any idea how PINS and the bird island area will be as far as crowd wise mid-week and this coming weekend??

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
              Anybody have any idea how PINS and the bird island area will be as far as crowd wise mid-week and this coming weekend??

I would say mid week will be pretty empty with way better driving and fishing. On the weekend PINS wont be bad but bird island is always packed.

Comment

Headed down to Sargent Friday morning with a friend from college. Fished east matagorda with not much to show so went to a spot I like to wade and ended up catching some quality fish. This was his first time wade fishing, he is hooked now!!! We were fishing with down south lures they really likes the kickin chicken color this weekend. Largest trout was 25” and largest flounder was 24”. [IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180529/da7a356e78569178a64c67a5cffab3b2.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Went out Saturday and Monday, went to church like a good man should on Sunday, and had nice trout limits both trips. I was done by 730am on Monday up to 24'' and never caught an undersized trout either day. Bone Diamond DSL, 1/8 oz jig head, waist/chest deep reef.
                  Started wading with a 6'6 rod instead of a 7' and really like it. Much easier for me to handle, from tangles around the tip to casting in deeper water.

Comment

nice reports fellas.

Comment

Originally posted by nick05 View Post
                      Headed down to Sargent Friday morning with a friend from college. Fished east matagorda with not much to show so went to a spot I like to wade and ended up catching some quality fish. This was his first time wade fishing, he is hooked now!!! We were fishing with down south lures they really likes the kickin chicken color this weekend. Largest trout was 25” and largest flounder was 24”. [IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180529/da7a356e78569178a64c67a5cffab3b2.jpg[/IMG]

Nice! I was fishing out of Sargent this weekend too.

Comment

Originally posted by Poco View Post
                        Not a bad 4 days of fishing for me. Thursday and Friday I hit PINS for some shark fishing which resulted in a trip of a lifetime. I ran 4 baits and all got picked up landing 3 of them. A new personal best shark for me which was a 11’8” Greater Hammerhead with a 56” girth. I also landed a stud bull measuring 8’3” with a 51” girth. The 3rd was a feisty 5’ blacktip. Also while headed down I hit a couple of deep wade guts. I landed a fat 25” trout and lost another big one. Those were on plastics.

All of them were photoed, tagged, fin clipped and released.

On Sat and Sun I switched gears and hit the bay for some trout action. They were indeed hungry. As expected people were out in full force and the boat ramp was full but like most times that never bothers my style of fishing. We made work on both days landed plenty of good trout.

Its looking like its going to be a great year for fishing.

Tight lines boys and girls....

Heck of a trip man!

Comment

Went out last Thursday midday during tide change and grabbed 2 reds on the flats. Then did it again Friday again at midday with 3 more keepers. All sight casting to the reds.

Sunday we took at guide out of Rockport and wore em' out. My daughter caught her first reds and trout. Overall we limited on trout, had 4 keeper reds, 1 Black drum, and some gaftop.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by bigbad243; 05-29-2018, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                            We head back to San Antonio Bay/Seadrift Thursday after work. My plan (every trip I change it up because starting this past January, I haven’t caught jack) is to launch out of Swan Point just before first light Friday. Go North and fish the grass line to the first and second canals for reds. Then I’ll jump on the Victoria barge canal and head to the southern end of the bay along Big Reef and Big Bird Island for specs. When I head south more than likely I will drift. May cut over to Drum Bay if the wind doesn’t cooperate?

Will anyone else be down around POC next weekend?

I'll be fishing POC Fri/Sat. Haven't taken my boat down there in about 3 years. Let me know if you find em.

Comment

Originally posted by aggieman12 View Post
                              I'll be fishing POC Fri/Sat. Haven't taken my boat down there in about 3 years. Let me know if you find em.

Will do

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                                We head back to San Antonio Bay/Seadrift Thursday after work. My plan (every trip I change it up because starting this past January, I haven’t caught jack) is to launch out of Swan Point just before first light Friday. Go North and fish the grass line to the first and second canals for reds. Then I’ll jump on the Victoria barge canal and head to the southern end of the bay along Big Reef and Big Bird Island for specs. When I head south more than likely I will drift. May cut over to Drum Bay if the wind doesn’t cooperate?

Will anyone else be down around POC next weekend?

I’ll tell you this, Check the **** tide schedule!!!! Low tide was between 7-8 am and high tide was around dark both days.
                                We fished two days this past weekend hard, and had only 12 keepers between boats. We usually get several limits of drum and reds in two days. But with the water being so dang low, the fish were just not there. Even southpass was horrible fishing. We saw guides running all over the bay around Seadrift and you know, if there moving from spot to spot, ain’t nothing good coming out of it. We fished Pigpen Sunday after lunch and saw about 20-30 stingrays that we’re all between 18-36”. I have never seen so many at one time. There was enough water to put in at dockside. Dockside and Swans Point both had over 50 truck/trailers on Saturday. Sunday maybe 20 at each ramp. We’ll be back in a few weeks and see how it goes. .

Comment

Working...
                                X