2018 saltwater fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gclyde12 View Post
    Anyone thinking about hitting the surf around Galveston this weekend? I know the reports are questionable from a wave stand point but from what I’m hearing the water clarity is still pretty green to sandy green which should hold some trout. May be a little sporty.
    I'll be there..hell or high water.

Comment

Nice work everyone...

Comment

Originally posted by Williams4298 View Post
        As of now we’re headed to east breaks.
        Good Luck! Let us know how that Cape Horn does.
        Hopefully I'll be tossing a fly on the Guad for some little bass. so pretty much the same thing haha

Comment

It ain't lookin' too good for our Chandeleur Island trip next week... It appears that "Alberto" may keep that from happening... I'm thinkin' I've got to find me a new know to tie mono/fluor leader to my SpiderWire... I currently use a "crazy ALBERTO" knot...

Comment

Originally posted by makotex View Post
            Good Luck! Let us know how that Cape Horn does.
            Hopefully I'll be tossing a fly on the Guad for some little bass. so pretty much the same thing haha
            Haha fishing is fishing!

Comment

I'm heading to Matagorda next weekend, but I probably fish there at most 1-2 times per year. Anyone have any recent reports from that area?

Comment

Originally posted by apc10 View Post
                I'm heading to Matagorda next weekend, but I probably fish there at most 1-2 times per year. Anyone have any recent reports from that area?
                I've been hitting it pretty hard, you can see some of my pics on this thread from the last few weeks. Where are you going? East or West?

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                  I've been hitting it pretty hard, you can see some of my pics on this thread from the last few weeks. Where are you going? East or West?
                  I usually fish east.

Comment

East has been blown out lately making the water off color but that doesn't mean the fish aren't there. It should start to settle down with continued SE winds. Fish are still being caught over shell, but the south shoreline summer bite is starting to pick up. I found some good fish and clear water on the West end south shoreline a couple of weeks ago. Good luck!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	D98A8902-E81A-4827-B8E5-D6B9D500060B.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	24539990 Got ok them pretty good in GAlveston today on the croaks

Comment

Hopefully the new sled will be ready next week! Itching to get back down to the salt it's been to long.

Comment

Where is the best place for me to get waterloo rods. They don't sell them around me

Comment

Well momma said she wants to to fishing tomorrow !! I avoid fishing weekends, especially Holiday weekends like the plague !! headed to get the boat now, what she wants she gets!

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                              Well momma said she wants to to fishing tomorrow !! I avoid fishing weekends, especially Holiday weekends like the plague !! headed to get the boat now, what she wants she gets!
                              Good luck. I'll be out there next Tuesday. Lol. Could be worse, wife has me doing yard work.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                                Good luck. I'll be out there next Tuesday. Lol. Could be worse, wife has me doing yard work.
                                True dat!!

Comment

Working...
                                X