2018 saltwater fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
    Can anyone point me in a good direction for Nueces bay? I’ll be in corpus this week for work and plan on fishing the after noons in my kayak. Not looking for honey holes but general areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oso bay over by the the NAS.
    I've never really fished there, but a friend does all the time.
    Fish pass/shamrock cove/packery flats behind mustang island area have been good to me in the past.

Make sure your yak is secure(like in the hotel room). when you go to work

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Can anyone point me in a good direction for Nueces bay? I’ll be in corpus this week for work and plan on fishing the after noons in my kayak. Not looking for honey holes but general areas.

People kayak along the causeway and in the ma made islands by the shell pit on the Portland side. There are a ton of reefs in kayaking distance. Just kind of have to see what the wind is doing.

Comment

Any suggested baits to fish Palacios Bay. I will be near college port on a strip of private beach and want to throw a few casts while I’m there.

Comment

Hey bud no help on the area but I might be out there Tuesday - Wednesday... I was thinking of hitting bird island. Maybe we can grab some grub or wet some lines if I make it out there.

Best of luck out there

Comment

As mentioned above, you can fish along the cause way and always get a few trout if its not to rough. If wind is an issue, you can put in about midway up the Joe Fulton Corridor. There is a parking area there. Put in on the river and paddle up stream about a half mile casting spoons at the shore the entire time. There will be a cut that leads into a barge canal.

It is substantially wider here than the cut. Switch to a soft plastic and paddle east towards the bay casting at the edges or bait bursts. You can usually get a couple reds and some nice trout the closer you get to the bay. There are also a ton of back lakes back there that will keep you out of the wind. If the water is stained chunk cut mullet on the edges. Caution this area is very muddy so dont try and wade it or you will sink down to your calf. Also have a flag on your kayak as you paddle through the cut at least 5' tall so boats can see you coming through.

Its is a windy cut that is very shallow and only big enough for one boat. So if you see or hear a boat coming please give the right of way and move. Once you cut in there with a boat your commited and stopping is not really an option.

Comment

Look at redfish bay to the east of Ingleside. We parked to to the north of it (maybe at the end of Sunray Rd?) and paddled in there and had a great time. You can wade that whole thing if you want. Lots of grass and plenty reds is what I recall.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
              Last edited by BURTONboy; 05-06-2018, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                I normally won’t post fishing stuff, but here you go. Went to West Matagorda with my neighbor yesterday, had near limit of reds and a few trout, classic ice chest pic:

We caught probably 30-40 reds, all but 5 undersized. They were all top water bites, so it was a good time.

My last fish of the day was a pretty good trout, 8.5# and 30.5” or so, probably closer to 31”. Sorry no pic, was alone when I caught her.

Great day on the water.

Comment

Red bite is on south of New Orleans

Had limits on just returned 3 day trip

Limits by 8:30 and 10:30 am on 2 of 3 days

Top water limit on 1 of 3 days. Spoons on other days.

Comment

I normally won’t post fishing stuff, but here you go. Went to West Matagorda with my neighbor yesterday, had near limit of reds and a few trout, classic ice chest pic:

We caught probably 30-40 reds, all but 5 undersized. They were all top water bites, so it was a good time.

My last fish of the day was a pretty good trout, 8.5# and 30.5” or so, probably closer to 31”. Sorry no pic, was alone when I caught her.

Great day on the water.
                    Good haul! Hopefully I'll be out there this week sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                      Good haul! Hopefully I'll be out there this week sometime.
                      Sent you a PM.

Comment

Sent you a PM.
                        Returned

Comment

Here you go Rob [emoji16] I’ll have more details later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Paul View Post

Holy sweet Mother of........ Nice sled, glad you finally got it in the water.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Paul View Post

Nice! Are those cushions on the front of the console?

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                                Nice! Are those cushions on the front of the console?

Lol! For really tall guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X