2018 saltwater fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
    I'm lucky, I live 20 minutes from the water and get to fish a couple times a week as long as it's not deer season. I own a tackle shop so I kind of sponsor myself. Lol

That’s awesome! I wish we were able to live full time at the coast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been twisting my own sticks.....since 1972. And it's nice to have the flexibility to use the best components matching action, class and reel to fish that stick specifically.

Example: Tuning a reel to a specific stick, you can tweak the entire setup to maximize cast distance. Line off reel x the reel's height with a match to the stripping guide, clearing the line through the first few rings without touching = less friction and maximum performance.

And or maximizing the bend radius along the upper end of the blank, with guide placement to help provide load and power through those zones. Offshore and surf sticks are key candidates here.

Titanium guides to save weight on certain setups - fly blanks and surf blanks for example. Less weight = faster blank speed and faster blank recovery (vibration) due to less weight.

I enjoy it as well. Keeps me in the game when it's cold, rainy and or I'm unable to fish and need to hold close to home.

I have roughly 50 sticks in my quiver. All custom built by myself.

Comment

wow

Comment

I'm lucky, I live 20 minutes from the water and get to fish a couple times a week as long as it's not deer season. I own a tackle shop so I kind of sponsor myself. Lol
          Stop bragging

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
            Stop bragging
            It's getting close to fishing time again amigo.

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
              How about some info on gulp tactics....when gander went out of business gulp was one of the things that truly went in sale for half price. I loaded up and have used it a hand full of times... haven’t caught anything on it!!
              Sell them all to me they are terrible...…… LOL

Comment

I just left McCain Hi-Performance Rods with all kinds of awesome goodies, rods, shirts, hats, and decals! Currently I am working on a video about the best thing I left with but I cannot wait to share it so, here it is...

...go to the website and order any rod (excluding combos) and get 50% off with my coupon code “MTROWBRIDGE50” now through New Years Eve! I receive nothing from you using this code, I just want to share the love. https://www.mccainfishing.com/

Michael

Comment

I was wanting to hit that moon last night and didn’t get the chance. Buddy sent me this pic from east last night

Comment

Ive never messed with the night fishing. I've been threatening to do it but if I'm out that late I'll be stabbing the flatties. Surprised they're still that active at night this time of year.

Comment

We got this one on December 17th. This will be my last swordfish of 2018...come on new year and bring some flat seas.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Ive never messed with the night fishing. I've been threatening to do it but if I'm out that late I'll be stabbing the flatties. Surprised they're still that active at night this time of year.

I’ve been wanting to find a spot to stab some flatties in east, only done it in west.
                        They were digging the hot head color corkys last night apparently. I love east at night. Usually under 2-3 boats in the bay even on a completely full moon

Comment

Yes sir it is bubba... I'll be back at em by March!

Comment

We fish year round. Winter has produced some mighty nice specs for us. If all goes as planned we will hit Powderhorn and the big jetties January 5th for a meetup and fish launching out of Froggies.

Comment

I picked up a bunch of soft plastics yesterday at a local liquidation sale. I spent more in bags than in all the baits. $5 for everything pictured plus the bags!

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                                I picked up a bunch of soft plastics yesterday at a local liquidation sale. I spent more in bags than in all the baits. $5 for everything pictured plus the bags!

Those are all the wrong colors.....that is why he was selling them.

Comment

Working...
                                X