2018 saltwater fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    We're going to try ONE MORE TIME to hit the Chandeleur's next weekend... scheduled to leave out on Sunday evening and fish Monday and Tuesday (11/11 and 11/12)... Only 2 storms we've had in the Gulf this year got both of our scheduled trips!! Me n the Lord had a talk and I reminded Him that Hurricane season is over and it should be OK for us to go fishin'!! Sure hope He heard me and agrees...
    Good luck Charlie!! Hope you guys slam em!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

We're going to try ONE MORE TIME to hit the Chandeleur's next weekend... scheduled to leave out on Sunday evening and fish Monday and Tuesday (11/11 and 11/12)... Only 2 storms we've had in the Gulf this year got both of our scheduled trips!! Me n the Lord had a talk and I reminded Him that Hurricane season is over and it should be OK for us to go fishin'!! Sure hope He heard me and agrees...
      Good luck down there!

Comment

Shane, me n Shane hope to be textin' pics soon as we get back inside the cell zone!!

Drop Tine, Thanks! I've been out there many, many times and have wore myself plum out pullin in big ol' bull reds n turnin' em loose that look like the one in your avatar pic... Wouldn't mind doing some of that, but I'm out of fish! I need me some eatin' size trout and reds!!
        Thanks again!

Comment

Good luck Charlie! My fishing is grinding to a halt. Deer season is upon us and I've got hunters for the next month or so.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            Good luck Charlie! My fishing is grinding to a halt. Deer season is upon us and I've got hunters for the next month or so.
            You should be stocked up on filets to last till 2030 after the season yall had.

I think we got the weather whopped (finally) for chandy. I know I'm over packing the same clothes 4 times

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

I think we got the weather whopped (finally) for chandy. I know I'm over packing the same clothes 4 times

Heck, my stuff's been packed since May!! Sure hope I get to go use some of it this time! Bobby's pretty pumped for us... good tides and THAT time of year long as the weather cooperates.... and like I said, me n the Lord had us a good talk...

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

Ha. I eat a bunch of them too. And we use around 30#s worth at Bownanza every year.

Comment

I thought we'd ate most of ours. Then I moved some stuff.

Comment

I did trout fillets for lunch for me n my bride.... coated them in Ragin Blaze and put a little butter and lemon slices on 'em, wrapped 'em up good n tite and put 'em in the oven... Got one more package left... Fish better bite next week! Otherwise I'm gonna come raid y'all's freezers!!

Oh yea those Bownanza fillets wuz goood too! Y'all get any of those ribs or the shrimp we fried? Talk about...!!
                    Last edited by SaltwaterSlick; 11-04-2018, 08:02 PM. Reason: tnik figners

Comment

Ran to West Galveston this morning, very slow. Said heck with it I'm going to Chocolate, been fishing that bay since I was a kid. Pulled in there, water was almost black very little salt, decided I was fishing anyway.
                      Absolutely slammed the trout drifting, 40 to 50 fish all 13 to 17 inches and a 29 inch red to boot...didn't keep a single fish, momma said the freezer is full enough

Comment

2018 saltwater fishing thread

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                        Ran to West Galveston this morning, very slow. Said heck with it I'm going to Chocolate, been fishing that bay since I was a kid. Pulled in there, water was almost black very little salt, decided I was fishing anyway.
                        Absolutely slammed the trout drifting, 40 to 50 fish all 13 to 17 inches and a 29 inch red to boot...didn't keep a single fish, momma said the freezer is full enough

Dang thats awesome! I would love to tag along one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I did trout fillets for lunch for me n my bride.... coated them in Ragin Blaze and put a little butter and lemon slices on 'em, wrapped 'em up good n tite and put 'em in the oven... Got one more package left... Fish better bite next week! Otherwise I'm gonna come raid y'all's freezers!!

Oh yea those Bownanza fillets wuz goood too! Y'all get any of those ribs or the shrimp we fried? Talk about...!!

I plan to give it a go this weekend if it isn’t raining too bad. You should join me one day?

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post

Right on man!

Comment

Taking some friends from Utah to POC this weekend, anyone hearing any reports of success on reds at the jetties?

On another note, got on 2cool this morning and it sounds like people are leaving there for another fishing forum, anyone know the story?

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                                Taking some friends from Utah to POC this weekend, anyone hearing any reports of success on reds at the jetties?

On another note, got on 2cool this morning and it sounds like people are leaving there for another fishing forum, anyone know the story?

I haven’t heard. Planning to go to POC as well. In for replies. Wonder what’s up with 2cool?

Comment

Working...
                                X