No announcement yet.

2018 saltwater fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We pulled 3 limits of reds and a few trout this weekend in Aransas Pass most reds on top waters and down south lures.

Comment

Went into North Nighthawk this morning. The spoil banks were loaded with bait but I couldnt find any fish. Winds were slack to light so it hindered my drifts.

Comment

I'm heading to POC Thursday. How will all the rain affect the fishing?

Comment

Originally posted by apc10 View Post
          I'm heading to POC Thursday. How will all the rain affect the fishing?
          Fished all over POC this weekend and couldn't get on them to save our lives. Soft plastics and topwaters. Nothing but dink specs and undersized reds.

Comment

Fished POC Saturday and Sunday, caught limits of reds both days on topwater. Caught probably 30-40 undersized trout Sunday morning, couldn't find a keeper to save my life!

Comment

ttt lets get it going again

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                Fished POC Saturday and Sunday, caught limits of reds both days on topwater. Caught probably 30-40 undersized trout Sunday morning, couldn't find a keeper to save my life!

Stud reds!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Headed down to Baffin next weekend. Not sure what to expect cause I don't fish much this time of year. Any reports or tips for September. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Bassbuster View Post
                    Headed down to Baffin next weekend. Not sure what to expect cause I don't fish much this time of year. Any reports or tips for September. Thanks
                    In my experience from fishing this time of year down there, just drift rocks and throw tails, the fish disappear off the shorelines. We used to be hard heads and still try and wade the shorelines, but always ended up catching most of our fish drifting with tails. I'm sure others will chime in with different experiences, but this is what I would be doing this time of year.

Comment

I’m waiting for to get cooler before I start back. Wish Brown’s had some shrimp, only croakers.

Comment

Fished Mansfield Saturday. Didn’t find any fish until around 9. Drifting with tails in about waist deep water. Caught around 100 dinks with a couple rat reds. Ended up keeping 10 trout and 1 red between 3 of us.

Fished POC area Monday evening in the rain. Waist deep water. Caught about 10 trout. Lost 2 keepers at the net. Nothing on the stringer.

If the lightning lets up I’ll be going in a few.

Comment

Fished Mansfield Saturday. Didn’t find any fish until around 9. Drifting with tails in about waist deep water. Caught around 100 dinks with a couple rat reds. Ended up keeping 10 trout and 1 red between 3 of us.

Fished POC area Monday evening in the rain. Waist deep water. Caught about 10 trout. Lost 2 keepers at the net. Nothing on the stringer.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post

Hard core! I was looking for a gap in the weather myself to see if I could sneak in a wade... unfortunately all I see is yellow and red on the radar

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                              Hard core! I was looking for a gap in the weather myself to see if I could sneak in a wade... unfortunately all I see is yellow and red on the radar

I'm off all this week if you need a partner. I was thinking about trying to squeeze a trip or two in but it's tough.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                                I'm off all this week if you need a partner. I was thinking about trying to squeeze a trip or two in but it's tough.
                                Not looking good for us amigo, but next week isn't looking bad at all... I've got the itch dangit!

Comment

Working...
                                X