X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by buzzbait View Post
    Dropped Pin
    near Matagorda County, TX

We did well here a few weeks ago on plastics. It has a shell boot so you need boots. It get real shallow quick

That spot is pretty hot right now but I don’t think we can even get in there. Tides goin out and it is skinny over there. Appreciate it though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2018 saltwater fishing thread

Bait shop got some live shrimp so maybe it’ll change our luck

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
        Bait shop got some live shrimp so maybe it’ll change our luck

Try the surf. We caught us a good pile of trout this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
          Try the surf. We caught us a good pile of trout this afternoon.

I was hopin you’d see this. Y’all fishing from the bank? We’re over by the oyster farm or something right now. I’m just ridin

Comment

I was hopin you’d see this. Y’all fishing from the bank? We’re over by the oyster farm or something right now. I’m just ridin
            I'm down here now, fishing from th bank. We're really just messing around this weekend. I'd fish the surf, at least tomorrow, and you're too far west if you're at Oyster Farm.

Comment

I'm down here now, fishing from th bank. We're really just messing around this weekend. I'd fish the surf, at least tomorrow, and you're too far west if you're at Oyster Farm.

Caught one rat red which is the best we’ve done today. Thanks for the info. We’ll come back yalls way

Comment

Caught one rat red which is the best we’ve done today. Thanks for the info. We’ll come back yalls way

We're going to eat at Hookers this evening, stop by and I'll give you some tips.

Comment

We're going to eat at Hookers this evening, stop by and I'll give you some tips.

That’ll work. Appreciate it

Comment

I guess the surf is better there than up the coast. Half way makes me wanna drive down and fish before tbis wedding tommarow

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

16 Specks - 5 Redfish - 1 Skipjack yesterday Laguna Madre - Arties

Water temp AM - 87.9 degrees / Water temp mid day 90 degrees

Wind SW and swung SE - solid breeze

Fished alone in the skiff - opted to drift and PowerPole down in zones. Mixed open flats and shorelines. Specks 2ft - 4ft / Reds 1ft - 3ft of water.

Water clarity tannic stain clear - green clear

Had a limit of specks (5 slots) and limit of reds - only kept 3 specks and released all.

I have a freezer full of fresh offshore filets - frying specks this evening for dinner.

It's starting to turn on - best time of the year to fish. I had dozens of redfish next to the boat on drift - noon to roughly 3 pm, they would follow but not hit anything. Some just swam across the bow of the skiff - lock jaw mode. Tide started to move and they slowly turned on. Starting to school - each group spotted, swam with identical sized fish.

Till next time - Tight Lines!

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post

Fished alone in the skiff - opted to drift and PowerPole down in zones. Mixed open flats and shorelines. Specks 2ft - 4ft / Reds 1ft - 3ft of water.

Had a limit of specks (5 slots) and limit of reds - only kept 3 specks and released all.

I have a freezer full of fresh offshore filets - frying specks this evening for dinner.

It's starting to turn on - best time of the year to fish. I had dozens of redfish next to the boat on drift - noon to roughly 3 pm, they would follow but not hit anything. Some just swam across the bow of the skiff - lock jaw mode. Tide started to move and they slowly turned on. Starting to school - each group spotted, swam with identical sized fish.

Man those trout down there are pencils.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post

Good report!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Been a good early sping and summer for us. Not a lot of big trout like we are used to but it has been great since the salt has returned up here on Trinity bay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I ain’t gonna lie, you need to lose them filters because your pics look cool, but also like you ****** your pants in half of em

Comment

Man those trout down there are pencils.
                                In shallow hot water - nothing deep where I'm fishing - 6ft max and it's been averaging 90 degrees for several weeks late afternoon. The redfish on the other hand, fat as pigs and everywhere there's a shoreline.

Comment

Working...
                                X