• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
    Dats what I'm talking about.
    Guess they opened the lake ?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Re-opened at noon yesterday

Comment

I have never fished for catfish on a lake. I'm in central Texas and just curious how you fish for them on bulk heads? What bait, method etc? No big deal if you don't want to respond. I fished bass tournaments for years so I'm use to the no comment.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
        I have never fished for catfish on a lake. I'm in central Texas and just curious how you fish for them on bulk heads? What bait, method etc? No big deal if you don't want to respond. I fished bass tournaments for years so I'm use to the no comment.
        We caught them on shad! When the shad come in around late March to the first of May they spawn on the bulkheads every morning. We mostly throw a cork and hook with a small split shot. Fish about 3ft deep and throw right up against the bulk head. We caught half of these that way this morning. The other half we caught fishing on bottom up against the bulk head. When Livingston heats up in a couple weeks you can catch blues like that all morning

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
          We caught them on shad! When the shad come in around late March to the first of May they spawn on the bulkheads every morning. We mostly throw a cork and hook with a small split shot. Fish about 3ft deep and throw right up against the bulk head. We caught half of these that way this morning. The other half we caught fishing on bottom up against the bulk head. When Livingston heats up in a couple weeks you can catch blues like that all morning
          Live shad are cut shad?

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
            Live shad are cut shad?
            Fresh whole shad threaded on a hook

Comment

That's not fishing, that's catching.
              Way to break the new boat in.

Comment

Nice catch I limited out on the pier Friday night/Saturday morning. It was pretty slow until 4:00-4:15 when they started moving in towards the bulkheads, then I was done before 5...ended up with 25 catfish and 3 crappie. I'm gonna take the boys this Saturday morning and see if they can get into them at daybreak

Comment

Good catchin right there. I will be on the bulkheads tomorrow on Conroe mid lake on East side. Hopefully they will be on em.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice job!

Comment

Way to break in that new boat!

Comment

Nice mess of fish.

Comment

Thats awesome!!! Great day on the water

Comment

Working...
                          X