No announcement yet.

Iowa Barndo Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice doe, next season will be fun for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
      Nice doe, next season will be fun for you!
      Yes !!! Looking forward to it !!

Winter has arrived here at the farm.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
        Yes !!! Looking forward to it !!

Winter has arrived here at the farm.

My lovely wife's response to these pictures was "YUK". Thanks for the updates. Hunker down and try to stay warm friend!

Comment

We are good. Plenty of groceries, got heat in the shop, got work to do inside, even got an indoor range set up.

Comment

It's pretty impressive to see a barndo with a wooden frame. I probably missed it but is there a barrier between the metal and studs?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
              It's pretty impressive to see a barndo with a wooden frame. I probably missed it but is there a barrier between the metal and studs?
              It's a different world up here when it comes to metal buildings. Yes. You can get a metal building like a Mueller or Ceco but about 98% of the buildings are post frame (pole barns) like a Morton building. Most of these buildings are "Ag Shops" or "machine sheds" to house tractors, combines, planters, grain trucks, etc. More and more are being used for homes, farm offices, or home shop combos like ours. In our little town (2500 population) there is a post frame truss plant, a lumber yard, and 3 metal suppliers. There are many post frame builders in this area. Most are Amish crews.

Yes. Our building has Tyveck wrapped all the way around it and 6.25" wall insulation in the living area. The shop has a metal ceiling at 16' with R-40 blown in insulation above the ceiling and R25 in the walls.

Comment

So, what has your wife cooked on the range?

That trailer load of powdered water looks cool.

Comment

Deer chili here in the camper. It is going to get down to 0 tonight. This will be a good test of our winter prepped RV. Underpinned with 1.5" rigid foam insulation with a heater underneath. It's 11 degrees right now outside, 73 inside the camper, and 68 under the camper. I unloaded the trailer yesterday. It's about 1/2 full again. The snow has moved east but the Arctic air is moving in now.

Comment

Looks like an awesome place!!! Someday when my wife gets that adventure bug id love to head that way and hunt those giant deer!

Comment

Man, that snow, and them temps, is bringing back nightmares!

Yall stay warm.

Comment

If you want to see a lot of big bucks taken in Iowa this year look at Trophy Bucks of Iowa FB page.

Comment

Deer chili ya say?! I'll be there by lunch tomorrow!!

Comment

Ice Station Zebra......

Good build.

Comment

Sounds like you have that camper figured out, great protection. Stay warm.

Comment

More progress. Drywall installed, OSB installed where we will install corrugated tin ceilings. Tape and bed work started. Should be painting next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X