Iowa Barndo Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
    Mark. It's R-25 8.5 " unfaced fiberglass. We have Tyveck between the insulation and the exterior metal. We will have 4 mil poly (not installed yet) stapled on the studs over the insulation and sealed tight with caulk around penetrations and then 5/8" sheetrock. R-40 blown in above the shop ceiling and eventually above the living area ceilings.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
    That’s what I thought it was. My dad had a spray rig that we used to blow insulation for metal building. That was long before spray foam.

Enjoy y’all new place. You deserve it!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
      That’s what I thought it was. My dad had a spray rig that we used to blow insulation for metal building. That was long before spray foam.

Enjoy y’all new place. You deserve it!
      The spray foam guys up here were out of my insulation budget. Everything is more expensive up here.

Merry Christmas to you and your family !!!

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
        Living the dream congratulations, yalls place is coming together nicely. Merry Christmas.
        Thank You. Lots of work, but we are enjoying it. Merry Christmas !!!

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
        You have a beautiful place and I love the creek running through it. Your brand is an awesome build, love the layout.

Merry Christmas to y'all, enjoy the views.
        Thank You !!! We started in planning stages with a 40'x60' rectangle with 9' sidewalls. Our contractor up here recommended this style of building with a taller shop. We ended up with 40'x40' living with 9' sidewalls, 40'x40' shop with 16' sidewalls, and 16'x40' open storage (where the camping is sitting). I am glad we went with his design. Merry Christmas to you!!! We are enjoying the peace and quiet....and no traffic.

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
        Coming along nicely! Merry Christmas to you and Tracy!
        Merry Christmas to you and your family Randy !!!

Originally posted by rvd View Post
        Looks great, Merry Christmas to y'all!
        Thank You !! Merry Christmas !!!

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
        That picture with the neighbor’s barn is awesome! Looks like something out of a si-fi movie.
        The place is looking good! I’m jealous!
        Merry Christmas
        Its a super cool picture of an Iowa harvest moon, a classic Iowa barn and corn crib. The moon two nights ago looked like that as it appeared over the hill to the east of us. It almost looked like you could touch it for a few minutes. Merry Christmas !!!
        Last edited by Arrowsmith; 12-24-2018, 09:13 AM.

Comment

just got caught up with your progress Mike. Your place looks great. With your experience in constuction supervision I'm sure it's a well built building that you and Tracey will enjoy comfortably for years. Congrats buddy. Merry Christmas

Comment

Awesome looking place. Congrats sir.
            What are the points on the two ridge peaks for? Wondering if they’re aesthetic or serve a purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
              just got caught up with your progress Mike. Your place looks great. With your experience in constuction supervision I'm sure it's a well built building that you and Tracey will enjoy comfortably for years. Congrats buddy. Merry Christmas
              Thanks Billy !!! Merry Christmas !!!

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                Awesome looking place. Congrats sir.
                What are the points on the two ridge peaks for? Wondering if they’re aesthetic or serve a purpose.
                Its for aesthetics. We wanted our house shop to look like an old Iowa barn. Its called a widow's peak. Old barns and some new ones have a pulley mounted under the widow's peak. It was used on old barns for lifting hay into the hay loft.

Comment

Nice place, glad you got to move up here to heaven I spent a fair amount of time in Centerville last year for work. There are a lot of hiding spots for big deer down there.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Following ........ good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                      Its for aesthetics. We wanted our house shop to look like an old Iowa barn. Its called a widow's peak. Old barns and some new ones have a pulley mounted under the widow's peak. It was used on old barns for lifting hay into the hay loft.
                      . Nice looking barn. Amish guys take pride in their work. Wish we had their work ethic as a standard.

Comment

Originally posted by BTGuard View Post
                        Nice place, glad you got to move up here to heaven I spent a fair amount of time in Centerville last year for work. There are a lot of hiding spots for big deer down there.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
                        We are about 20 miles from Centerville. My wife shops in Cville once a week. There is some great public hunting (Sedan Bottoms) between our place and Centerville. There are definitely some brusiers living in this area. They are hard to find unless the rut is on though.

Comment

Great progress along with great photos.

Did you ever get time to get a resident antlerless tag?

Appreciate the play by play progress, we have enjoyed the heck out of it.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                            Great progress along with great photos.

Did you ever get time to get a resident antlerless tag?

Appreciate the play by play progress, we have enjoyed the heck out of it.

Rwc
                            I am officially a resident now with a Iowa driver's license and Iowa plates. I did not get my residency established soon enough to get a resident tag. Our builder gave us a nice doe that I processed in our new shop so we have some good meat. I will be ready for next year.[emoji106] As a resident land owner I will get 3 buck tags and more doe tags than I will use.

Comment

How heavy was that doe?

My boys love their scopes, mounted and shot in yesterday, looking to draw blood as soon as rain stops down here (you remember rain its like snow but wet ).

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                                How heavy was that doe?

My boys love their scopes, mounted and shot in yesterday, looking to draw blood as soon as rain stops down here (you remember rain its like snow but wet ).
                                I didn't weight her. It was a good sized midwest doe. Not huge but bigger than a Texas doe. That cape on the floor was pretty dang heavy. Their hair is very thick with a lot of fat.

Comment

Working...
                                X