No announcement yet.

Darton & Stan R Were Right!!!!! Pic Heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That silo would make a badarse smokehouse.

Comment

Nice play on the bunks and a great crop of targets for the kiddos!

Comment

Looking great! That silo is cool! You have some quality targets too!

Comment

Looks like a great weekend for sure! It would be hard for me to shut the protein down with all the bucks still wearing it out. You have truly found your happy place Micah, and that is priceless!

Comment

Making some great memories with the family. That's what it's all about.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Split_Brow View Post
              Looks like a great weekend for sure! It would be hard for me to shut the protein down with all the bucks still wearing it out. You have truly found your happy place Micah, and that is priceless!
              They are done (or darn close to be done) putting on inches. We converted over and have started both corn feeders. They followed suit. Going to put out some trophy rock using a newly pioneered method where you wore it to a cedar stump that’s been cut off about chest high. [emoji6]

Originally posted by steve morton View Post
              That silo would make a badarse smokehouse.
              Agree. I’m just not a smoker but have been accused of using a smoke pole from time to time.

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
              Looking great! That silo is cool! You have some quality targets too!
              Thanks. Looking to get my daughter on her first buck. Hoping the buck with the missing G1 hangs around.

Originally posted by Iamhooked View Post
              Making some great memories with the family. That's what it's all about.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
              Agree, John. That’s primarily why we bought when we did. Making memories starts now and don’t have to wait until when they are grown.

Originally posted by Darton View Post
              Nice play on the bunks and a great crop of targets for the kiddos!

Thanks. I have a feeling we will have friends and family making their way out once one of the kids puts down a nice buck. Gotta have plenty of room at the Hotel Roy. [emoji51]

Comment

Darton & Stan R Were Right!!!!! Pic Heavy

Finally got some time to start a blind build. It is later than I want to be doing this but we won’t have a repeat of last fall. If you will remember, Molly froze her little rear-end off in the double stand just before Thanksgiving. That’s her on my left with her coat over her head. [emoji12]

I told her then that we’d be much more comfortable this season so I have to make good on that.

This will be an 8’ x 7’ skinned with aircraft fiberglass panels and bow and rifle windows.

Been collecting materials for a while now.

Molly has been helping things along. With her cutting the studs I was running the nail gun.

We got most of the framing done today.

Reddog500 scored us a salvage RV door, which is perfect for this project.

The 4x4 elevator brackets came in last week. We will finish framing it and add the roof joists next.
                Last edited by Booner Sooner; 09-07-2019, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Got the roof on it this afternoon.

Using 1” thick panels.

Used two panels and will seal the seam.

Plan on skinning it in the evenings this week.

Comment

Progressing nicely, all the way around.

Rwc

Comment

How many people do you plan on sitting in that thing! It needs its own zip code I doubt she will be miserable sitting in that

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
                        How many people do you plan on sitting in that thing! It needs its own zip code I doubt she will be miserable sitting in that

Once final build out, inspection, and punch list is finished the occupancy load issued by the local authority having jurisdiction should have us rated at three persons.

The intent here is to have enough room for me and two kiddos in case one of the kids wants to bring a friend. Alternatively, there’s plenty of room for just me and Mom. [emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
                          Once final build out, inspection, and punch list is finished the occupancy load issued by the local authority having jurisdiction should have us rated at three persons.

The intent here is to have enough room for me and two kiddos in case one of the kids wants to bring a friend. Alternatively, there’s plenty of room for just me and Mom. [emoji6]
                          It’s always good to see a man with a plan

Comment

A little work done this evening. Slow and steady wins the race.

Comment

Got to the Hilltop this weekend and got our food plots in. Like last year we are going with winter wheat, ladino clover, and turnips for the main plot and the kill plot.

The little Moultrie ATV spreader did a heck of a job, again.

Got a set hung a few weeks ago in an area that I believe will produce as it is adjacent to a pasture on one side with thick timber everywhere else. I got some interest from a few deer this past year with mineral so I used the Darton designed, Trophy Rock on a cedar stump approach.

Here are s few pics of the guys that are frequenting our feeders.

Unless we have a wandering stud come through I plan on putting a doe in the freezer on my first sit.

Comment

Looking good Booner

It Works
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X