Let's talk Chainsaws!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just bought an echo today.

My shop had all echo chainsaws discounted 20% this week. I believe I heard them mention something about a rebate they get through echo. You may call a local dealer and see if they’re offering the same promotion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve had a Stihl for 20+ years and it’s still running strong, I’m hard on equipment and cut a ton of wood with it. I thought it spit the bit last year but a new carburetor kit brought it back to life. I have switched to the ethanol free gas mix, so it’s back to a 4 pull start.

Comment

I bought a brand new echo timberwolf (20") off Craigslist last year for $225. One of my best deals in a long time, it's awesome! I've had an echo trimmer and blower for 4-5 yrs and they never act up!

Comment

My vote is STIHL as well. We run them on all our fire apparatus for a reason. they are reliable and dome some work!!

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys...

Stopped in at Atwood’s today and luckily they have all three but limited models of huskies and a boat ton of stihls. With that being said I could buy an echo CS 490 with the 50cc engine for the same price as a stihl MS 251 which has the 45cc engine. Plus a dealer in Sulphur springs has the dealer days sale tomorrow and I could get 20% off. I know everyone swears by stihl but I’m leaning towards the echo because it seems to get good reviews and is more saw for cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by ckamp52 View Post
              its not a million dollar question...its been asked on here almost as much as is Whataburger better than "x fast food joint"..oh look a search button. that being said, years ago I would have said stihl but after several that lasted a year and bs from stihl we have been using husqy with no issues. also picked up a few smaller echos and no issues. this has been replicated by me, y dad and family up north that cuts a ton of wood

Thanks for contributing, although it took you several sentence to contribute. I read about 10 threads on chainsaws and brands, still didn’t get the kind of info I was looking for.

Comment

Husqvarna in the 20". It got heavy for me and gave it to my TBH son for use at the lease, he's the firewood cutter, lol! I also have several different STIHL machines and they are great as well, but not in the chain saws. Over the years I've had several different brands of saws, they ALL will throw chains so my criteria when I finally bought the Rancher was ease of start and ease of changing the chains.

STIHL may be just as good or better but the Husky is a wood eating demon. Only gripe I have with the STIHLS is the repair shop here in Granbury when you need fixing..not pleased with the service.

Comment

Stihl stihl stihl
                  Unless you want it to fall apart or never stay running,then go with some other brand!!!

Comment

Stihl is my choice. Little more pricey but worth it. Echo is good also.have used both but prefer the stihl. Get one with an 18 or 20" bar and can do anything u want

Comment

I just bought an echo cs490 a few weeks ago...based on a recommendation from a stihl salesman. He sells stihls but uses echos.... echo warranty is better and he said the new stihls are more problem prone than the old ones. I think either of the 3 are fine if you feed them good fuel....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

You have two choices. Stihl or stihl.

Comment

I swore by Echo for years. About the time HD started carrying them they went to crap. After 2 upper end Echo weedeaters and a limb saw all had early deaths I switched to Stihl and have been much happier.

Comment

Originally posted by redoak77 View Post
                            Echo
                            All the way

Comment

Echo cs490. Weighs less than a Stihl ms271. Costs less than an ms271. Has a magnesium case, unlike the plastic of a ms271.

Comment

My STIHL is over 20 and cleared untold acre Cedar in HC and plenty pine in E Tex..Bout all Is pull rope a couple times and go to work..I got about 6 blades and swap when getting dull..
                                I do have a Stihl Weed eater that is sorry as they come and it only 2y old it spent more time on warranty repair than I want to count...Found out why its one that was made in CHINA...so beware...not sure if any ChainSaws are made there Please check before you buy...

Comment

Working...
                                X