Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2018 Offical Texas Rangers Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 Offical Texas Rangers Season Thread

2018 Please Stay Out of The Cellar Tour

If the preseason games I watched are any indicator, the pitching flat out sucks. When you gotta scrape Bartolo Colon off the bottom of port-a-potty floor, you know you are in for some bad times. I sure hope Jon Daniels is planning for the future because this offseason was a big bunch of meh..

Not expecting much but I will be watching as usual. Hopefully they can surprise us all....I have seen bigger turnarounds from this team and others..
    Last edited by Smart; 03-28-2018, 10:52 AM.

I like baseball.

Comment

Go Rangers!!

Comment

Surprise me Rangers! Gonna needs lots of luck this year.

Comment

Not getting my hopes up too high but I will stick with them. They have been worse.

PLAY BALL !!!!! LET'S GO RANGERS !!!!

Comment

If and when the Rangers go 1-0 how many WS bound replies will we get? I have many delusional Rangers buddies

Comment

I'll be somewhat satisfied if they stay in the middle of the AL wins/losses pack, most of the young talent steps up and plays as hoped, and if Adrian Beltre has a healthy, productive final season.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                If and when the Rangers go 1-0 how many WS bound replies will we get? I have many delusional Rangers buddies

Post #6 is the first official douc*e post on the 2018 official Rangers thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                  Post #6 is the first official douc*e post on the 2018 official Rangers thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put him on ignore. TBH d**che #1

Comment

Good luck to the Rangers! I'm ready for some baseball

Comment

Not sure how a 6 man pitching rotation is going to work. Disappointed the Rangers didn't get pitching help. Maybe we can hang in there for a wild card. Go Rangers!

Comment

I think they are trying to rebuild the team so that they have a contender by 2020 when the new stadium opens. I just dont think they have the arms in the minors, nor the deep pockets to spend in free agency, to develop a quality pitching staff in the next three years. I am not optimistic about this rebuild, at least within that time-frame....

For this year, I am just hoping for competitive baseball for the most part (i.e. .500 ball). I can live with that.

Comment

I see more strikeouts than hits from this line-up.
                          Pitching will be just like most years in the past.
                          I like the rangers too much, so I will be watching pretty much every game!
                          My prediction is dead last in the west. I think 75 wins will be stretching it with this team. I hope they prove me wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
                            I think they are trying to rebuild the team so that they have a contender by 2020 when the new stadium opens. I just dont think they have the arms in the minors, nor the deep pockets to spend in free agency, to develop a quality pitching staff in the next three years. I am not optimistic about this rebuild, at least within that time-frame....

For this year, I am just hoping for competitive baseball for the most part (i.e. .500 ball). I can live with that.
                            I agree, but as long as they don't go full on tank mode. A year or two where they dont sell off the farm in July will be a good start. The money is there. They are saving 20+ million in payroll this year compared to last. I guess JD and the owners didnt think that 20+ would be enough to put them over the edge so they are stashing it.

This club can be competitive but guys are going to have to step up. #1 is Odor. He has to improve. If Maz and Gallo take steps forward the offensive will be there. Just hope the pitching can hold up.

Comment

Going to be a long season but like the rest of you, hoping to see some bright spots in our young guys for the future.

Comment

Working...
                              X