No announcement yet.

2018 Offical Texas Rangers Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JD said Gallo is not playing third. I would guess the kid they got from STL, Patrick Wisdom gets a good look there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Daniels said Gallo will not play third. Patrick Wisdom who we got last week from St. Louis for Drew Robinson will get a look and JD said he will probably bring in a vet to compete with him. Wisdom hit .288 in Triple A last year with .363 obp and .480 Slug. older minor leaguer thought to be a late bloomer.

Comment

Originally posted by cookemerkel View Post
        JD said Gallo is not playing third. I would guess the kid they got from STL, Patrick Wisdom gets a good look there.

beat me to it

Comment

Originally posted by J&M Hamilton10 View Post
          beat me to it

[emoji16]

Comment

I thought I read last year Gallo said he didn’t want to play 3rd. It sounds like the Rangers were in talks about extending Profar, but didn’t go anywhere. Being a Boras client it’s not surprising, they usually go to free agency.
            If Burke pans out as a serviceable starting pitcher it will be a good trade. The A’s didn’t actually give up a lot. Two guys with moderate potential and another was an acquired pick.

Comment

2018 Offical Texas Rangers Season Thread

Originally posted by Richard M. View Post
              I thought I read last year Gallo said he didn’t want to play 3rd. It sounds like the Rangers were in talks about extending Profar, but didn’t go anywhere. Being a Boras client it’s not surprising, they usually go to free agency.
              If Burke pans out as a serviceable starting pitcher it will be a good trade. The A’s didn’t actually give up a lot. Two guys with moderate potential and another was an acquired pick.

Neither did we...

I’d rather have the arms and their potential. I’m good with the trade. Seems the general consensus on MLB Network and talk radio is the Rangers did well.

Comment

"Grass or turf? The Texas Rangers are on the verge of picking an unpopular choice, but it might be the right one" via @SportsDayDFW http://p.d-news.co/wmhi

Been following this closely the last year or so. Two thoughts:

1. The rangers knew they would use a artificial turf before the voters of Arlington ever went to the polls (year round entertainment venue, and sometimes baseball field)
                2. I bet the grass won't be the story. It will be the artificial dirt on the infield areas.

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
                  "Grass or turf? The Texas Rangers are on the verge of picking an unpopular choice, but it might be the right one" via @SportsDayDFW http://p.d-news.co/wmhi

Been following this closely the last year or so. Two thoughts:

1. The rangers knew they would use a artificial turf before the voters of Arlington ever went to the polls (year round entertainment venue, and sometimes baseball field)
                  2. I bet the grass won't be the story. It will be the artificial dirt on the infield areas.

That makes me want to vomit…

Comment

If true, this blows. But, i guess i'd be more worried about filling a semi-competitive roster.

Comment

Sick *******.

Comment

And that sucks about the turf.

Comment

Junior Miller went on an unmitigated rant about Wetteland this morning. Sounds like one very bad person.

Comment

Its official, they are going with artificial turf.

Comment

Originally posted by cookemerkel View Post
                              Its official, they are going with artificial turf.
                              Concerts are more important than baseball, I suppose.

I did hear that this is a new turf material and the diamondbacks will be the first to play on it this year at their home stadium. Also heard that the infield will be real dirt.

Still hate it.

Comment

Working...
                              X