2018 Offical Texas Rangers Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zztex View Post
    Yes, and if y’all had enough sense to blow it up you might have success like the 2017 Astros. But y’all keep thinking you can add a piece here and there. Drayton McClaine says hey. [emoji23]

You clearly have not been paying attention. They (Rangers) are trying to blow it up now. They chased it for a few years as per ownership's request. Now they are trying to blow it up...this year....the beginning of the rebuild. And Hammels is sucking, and Beltre has been hurt (plus he's 39), and there was Machado, so it's tough sledding at the trade deadline. Sabe?

Or don't you remember when the stros started blowing it up? No? Of course not, because it took 5+ years and you weren't watching until they got good again..

I vividly remember three years ago, when the Astros fans were on here whining about how bad they sucked, and they weren't even worth watching… And I was telling you how good they were going to be in a few years. Were you here then???? Or just when they got good???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Does the Rangers Front Office have the same patience that the Astros had to implode itself for a few years, the greater good?

Astros had an advantage in that regard in that they were sold and the new owner immediately signed on for the restructure knowing what it meant...and it was a ground-up deal.. pretty much gutting every aspect of the club except the grounds keeper...(who retired after 42-43 years when he got his WS ring )

Comment

The thing the Rangers are up against that the Astros were not is the new stadium opening and management not wanting to be in full blown rebuild mode when that happens. They are stuck between a rock and a hard place in that regard. Full rebuild mode will mean trading away Elvis, Nomar, Odor and every other piece of talent they currently have at the big league level. Time will tell if they want to go that far. I cant imagine how they are going to do it otherwise because the pitching in the organization is woefully thin. I dont think they can address all of the need there through FA while keeping the young offensive firepower. I have always followed the Rangers and will continue to do so. I like messing with yall but they are my second favorite team and always have been. Even when they were sucking for decades!

Comment

JD's accumulating pitchers. It comes down to pitching, pitching, and pitching. We'll see.

I will say this: At least the club didn't resign Yu Darvish.

Comment

Need to get a 11-1 lead so they can blow another 10 run lead in the final innings.

Comment

Great game for a change. Heck......it’s the little things in life nowadays [emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Stinky, 3 for 3 with an inside the park touch em all!!
                Thought he got it all and went from waking to first, to wide open throttle around the diamond.
                Sure is good to see him get his mind right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

4 for 4 now with a line drive screamer to right.
                  Roughy got his grove back

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
                    Stinky, 3 for 3 with an inside the park touch em all!!
                    Thought he got it all and went from waking to first, to wide open throttle around the diamond.
                    Sure is good to see him get his mind right.

Originally posted by Hix View Post
                    4 for 4 now with a line drive screamer to right.
                    Roughy got his grove back

He is definitely in a good way as of late. Good to see a little spark from someone on this team! Great outing this time by Jurado too. Now let’s see how this bull****pen holds up.

Comment

Rangers traded Kela to Pit for Tyler Hearn and a player to be named later.

Get to know 6'5" LHP Taylor Hearn: http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...ching/2018/ALL

#7 prospect w/ PIT, #3 P prospect
                      Better than a K/IP, sub-.200 BA
                      High-velo FB, good CH
                      Whether he can stick as a SP depends on whether he can improve SL

Comment

Please trade Matt Moore for anything. A hotdog wrapper, cup of spit out sunflower seeds, chewed up bubblegum art under a bench..... anything.

That dude cannot help giving up a run or two every time he hits the mound. He shuts down nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Please trade Matt Moore for anything. A hotdog wrapper, cup of spit out sunflower seeds, chewed up bubblegum art under a bench..... anything.

That dude cannot help giving up a run or two every time he hits the mound. He shuts down nobody.
                          Amen to that! I hear we are looking for a good bat boy. Would be glad with a straight up tic for tac trade but would probably have to sweeten the deal to get the bat boy. 🤦🏻*♂️

Comment

#DBacks acquired Jake Diekman from #Rangers in exchange for Wei-Chieh Huang, source tells The Athletic.

Comment

Really hoped they would be able to move a piece or two more. Hopefully this turns out to be a productive sale. Only time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

I’d rather have the the chewing gum or hot dog wrapper. They will just have to $&@* can him. He’s useless to anyone

Comment

Working...
                                X