2018 Offical Texas Rangers Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
    Well that Beltre injury could open up the door for the Astros or Angels in the West.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I laughed out loud!

Comment

may 3 looks like it could be the debut of slick willie calhoun. there isnt a single opening day infield starter active right now....is this bad?

profar is slugging .291, what a joke.

Comment

Don't forget JD canned Kinsler in favor or Profar or Odor lol

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
          Don't forget JD canned Kinsler in favor or Profar or Odor lol
          He wasn't canned. Traded him for Prince, at the time the line up needed power and we had a plethora of middle infielders. Trade made sense. No way anyone could have predicted Fielder would have to retire from injury. How is that JD's fault?

Comment

Originally posted by cookemerkel View Post
            He wasn't canned. Traded him for Prince, at the time the line up needed power and we had a plethora of middle infielders. Trade made sense. No way anyone could have predicted Fielder would have to retire from injury. How is that JD's fault?

Actually a ton of people predicted it. People his size don’t play long on average.

Comment

Actually a ton of people predicted it. People his size don’t play long on average.

Bartolo? Lol
              He’s next i bet!

Comment

He missed 1 game in the previous 5 years before coming to Texas. And a ton of people predicted him missing 120 games his first year here? Oh.

Also it was a neck injury. Not sure what his size has to do with that.

Comment

He missed 1 game in the previous 5 years before coming to Texas. And a ton of people predicted him missing 120 games his first year here? Oh.

I remember listening to Norm on the ticket after the trade was made. He questioned the long term health of Prince then and threw out a lot of stats to back his argument. I know it was a neck injury, but people did question his size and the durability of his body long term.

Comment

2018 Offical Texas Rangers Season Thread

everybody was tired of Kinsler, the pop up king anyway.

Comment

Comment

Use google. You can look up several articles on Princes weight issues. Even some suggesting that his weight and fear of accelerated body aging was a reason the Tigers traded him.

Comment

Was Kinsler liked as a teammate? Verlander buzzed him on first pitch of game today, the only wild one he has thrown. 3rd pitch almost knocked Verlanders head off, although it was an out. Announcers said words were exchanged, they couldn't tell if it was friendly or not.

Comment

Use google. You can look up several articles on Princes weight issues. Even some suggesting that his weight and fear of accelerated body aging was a reason the Tigers traded him.

Sure I get not expecting him to play till is 39 like Belts but what happened was a freak deal.

Comment

...whatever... the Prince Fielder / Kinsler ship has sailed. But, JD has made some decisions that didn't work. I guess it boils down to the ideas of: "Do you put more weight on the thought process", Or, "Do you put more weight on the results". Results have not always been great. Thought process is certainly up for debate imo.

I'm wondering if this edition of the Texas Rangers can out perform the '72 Rangers. 54 wins.

I think it'll be very, very close.

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                                Was Kinsler liked as a teammate? Verlander buzzed him on first pitch of game today, the only wild one he has thrown. 3rd pitch almost knocked Verlanders head off, although it was an out. Announcers said words were exchanged, they couldn't tell if it was friendly or not.

I don’t know if he was liked in the clubhouse or not, but he was not my favorite Ranger by far. I always thought he could be a consistent .300 hitter with 10 or 12 home runs a year. Seemed he preferred to hit .255 trying to hit 30 home runs a year. Average at best defensively too and came off arrogant.

Comment

Working...
                                X