New septic leach line cost ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    I added to mine with that Leanmachine posted. Probably 10 years ago or more. Hand dug the ditch...
    My kinda guy. I'm cheap and hard headed too.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
      My kinda guy. I'm cheap and hard headed too.
      At that time, it was more broke and couldnt afford to rent tractor or Manuel.

Father in law has little back hoe now Still dont like paying for stuff I can do

Comment

Texas with its 254 counties and the advancement with Ground Water Districts couple these with the County movements for Aerobic Systems. More often cause real issues with system repairs. Simply stated if a repair for a leach field needs to be accomplished they can FORCE the property owner to upgrade to the Aerobic system. Particularly if one uses a licensed septic company to accomplish the repairs as they must get a construction permit and a inspection so I have been quoted and told. Makes one DIY if able/capable.

It can be augured that Aerobic Systems are needed in some instances however, IMO the Aerobic System is nothing more than a new taxation vehicle for the county. Just my .02 worth.

Comment

If you're talking about paying a septic service company to do it, caveat empor. These guys are all over the map with prices and scams. I remember several years ago our leach field was clogged up and we got estimates from $400 to $8,000, 90% of them total BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruark View Post
            If you're talking about paying a septic service company to do it, caveat empor. These guys are all over the map with prices and scams. I remember several years ago our leach field was clogged up and we got estimates from $400 to $8,000, 90% of them total BS.
            Got a quote this morning for $3500.

Comment

Aerobics certainly have their place where soil quality is poor. If you have good sandy soil, being forced into an aerobic makes not sense at all but I know it happens. Conventional systems work so dang well with appropriate soil quality and a quality install. They are essentially zero maintenance. An aerobic system is GOING to need to be worked on every 1-3 years. The pump motor will go out eventually. It is just a matter of time. The compressors will burn out too. Especially once ants find them.

My soil quality sucks. Lots of clay. Our house is a 1970s that we bought foreclosed. Theyseptic was definitely a diy job. It was not done properly. It barely functions at all. Most of the time it is just running on top of the ground out of the clean out before it gets to the first tank. I am not in a financial position at the moment to drop $6500 on an aerobic and feel good about that decision. However, something needed to be done because I am tired of having a septic swamp in my yard. So I may or not have basically converted my conventional system to a hybrid aerobic. Added a riser to the last tank, wired up a shallow water well pump with a float switch, and added two sprinklers to the yard. That may sound like pumping raw sewage onto your yard. And it kind of is. That last tank almost no solid material in it. I'm talking like maybe one inch of muck in the bottom. Well pumps, like this one, pump from about 2 feet off the bottom. Aerobics supposedly pump out "treated" water. That is a joke. The water runs over some chlorine tabs as in enters the last tank. That's it. Most people don't even bother to keep chlorine in them. The compressor acts as an aerator to introduce oxygen and facilitate organic material break down. A good healthy system will have no problem doing that on its own. The reason systems have multiple tanks is so that each one has less solid material. Most solids stay in the first tank. My yard does not stink. It will only kick on in the evening when everyone is showering, most of the time. Not a "legal" solution. But something I may or may not have done. I am not an expert or licensed in the field. I just worked for a guy doing installs for a few years in college. I learned a lot of useful skills in that time.

Comment

Had my septic replaced last year and and my grease trap lines replaced 2 weeks ago. It cost $20 a foot. Thats using the pipe with the packing peanuts around it.

Comment

Working...
                X