No announcement yet.

When did the brotherhood stop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Im relatively new. Late 2015. I think snowflakes frost anybodys window anywhere. I truly believe a brotherhood/sisterhood exists very well and is very much alive here on TBH...otherwise I wouldnt be here. I dont think I will ever attend a Bownanza just simply due to no actual archery tournaments, games, shooting, classes, lectures, training etc occurs. Thats just me...a father of soon to be four total under 6yrs and small business(es) owner. Not saying I wouldnt love to go to Bownanza...it just doesnt draw my appeal for a draw of my time.

I dont know most of yall but love all Yall...even the ones who annoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
      Michael (BH),

I see it this way...

You take a particular time in TBH, as you refer to as the "old days". I along with you and many others, we used to join the discussion on a daily basis, exchange text messages, phone calls, text groups, etc. You take that bundle of people and they still stay connected. I still log on but not as often as I used to and definitely don't post as often either. Seeing the same threads "what broadhead", "what bow", etc. We've answered those questions before and more often than not, the thread is already to page two by the time we see it because we don't log on as often anymore. We give it the ****it vote and don't even reply.

You can look at newer members that are on every day, posting on almost every thread. WE used to do the same thing. They have their groups now, their texts, their hunts, etc. I still hunt with several TBH members from long ago 2-3 times a year. I'm grateful for the knowledge I've learned and even more grateful for the friendships I've made.

I know you've seen threads started in the past that have this exact same logic "what happened to the old TBH", when we first started on here. We thought then, "what are these old timers talking about".

The way I look at it is, 2 things... The torch gets passed down and you get out of it what you put into it.
      Good points. There have ALWAYS been "knuckleheads." In fact, some of them are still around and have "come around" to being valuable contributors and true assets to the community. I won't name names.
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

I will say I have missed the last 3 bownanzas. The last two were due to it being on opening of turkey season. Last one I was just too busy with work. I do regret not making the time this year. I do hunt with several tbhrs, was on a duck lease for a couple of years with several and have fished with a few too. I have seen quite few come and go too. Some Im glad are gone, and some I would like to "hear from" again.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Good points. There have ALWAYS been "knuckleheads." In fact, some of them are still around and have "come around" to being valuable contributors and true assets to the community. I won't name names.

I'm still a knucklehead.

Comment

Everyone on this site is awesome

Comment

Time moves quickly in the world of social media.....including media dedicated to outdoorsman. The outside world is at all of our fingertips as are the attitudes (good or bad) of folks that tend to post. Being at your fingertips literally means......the filter process for the most part is non-existent. I do my level best to stick to, "If you cant say something nice, keep it to yourself" or "If you cannot be positive, then at least be quiet!"
              Originally posted by Buff View Post
              Still a lot of good folks here
              Man oh man....RIP......Ronnie Satterfield was definitely the real deal!!!
              Originally posted by jer_james View Post
              I know there are folks I wouldnt deal with. I would also say I pay attention to what people type.
              I cant say I disagree with that at all.

Comment

Comes with growth.

It's is what it is, I wish we could vote people off and have a bad trade thread!

Comment

Since Michael wont let me in the clique, I guess I can't be in the brotherhood either

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
                    Michael (BH),

I see it this way...

You take a particular time in TBH, as you refer to as the "old days". I along with you and many others, we used to join the discussion on a daily basis, exchange text messages, phone calls, text groups, etc. You take that bundle of people and they still stay connected. I still log on but not as often as I used to and definitely don't post as often either. Seeing the same threads "what broadhead", "what bow", etc. We've answered those questions before and more often than not, the thread is already to page two by the time we see it because we don't log on as often anymore. We give it the ****it vote and don't even reply.

You can look at newer members that are on every day, posting on almost every thread. WE used to do the same thing. They have their groups now, their texts, their hunts, etc. I still hunt with several TBH members from long ago 2-3 times a year. I'm grateful for the knowledge I've learned and even more grateful for the friendships I've made.

I know you've seen threads started in the past that have this exact same logic "what happened to the old TBH", when we first started on here. We thought then, "what are these old timers talking about".

The way I look at it is, 2 things... The torch gets passed down and you get out of it what you put into it.

Much love buddy and I hear what y'all are saying...I too keep in contact and hunt/fish with several here. Some I talk to almost daily, some only one time a month or so, while a few are only a couple times a year and we always pick up where we left off. I have met lifelong friends and brothers and do continue to make new.

I think Michael hit the nail on the head though, times have and are changing. I feel more than a little silly now, I myself am guilty of posting on other sites stuff that I use to do here

Oh, and Bownanza, this year was the first I have missed out of 8.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                      Everyone on this site is awesome
                      Except @rjet

Comment

TBH has been a part of my life pretty much on a daily basis since about 2001.

I have met a bunch of great people here and have become good friends with many of them.

I have done a lot of business here as a site sponsor with a lot of old fashion hand shake deals. In about 18 years I have been burned only one time......and I wont forget who it was... Not a bad track record which speaks for the quality of people here.

We all reminisce and long for the good old days, but we have to remember that these are the good old days as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          I don’t know about most folks but TBH is all about what you put into it. If a person isn’t around to see it or experience it, and just stops in every now and then or only shows up to ***** and create threads like this then they are part of the problem. (Not directed at BH specifically) If someone leaves because somebody doesn’t do something they like or says something that ticks them off then they are removing their positive influence in the equation and by default are part of the problem. I see daily examples of brotherhood in this place... daily ..and to reduce any of those instances to nothing with a blanket “what happened to the brotherhood” is just BS.

Sorry, I’m just sick of folks bitching about the way things used to be when the participation of those very same people is nil. There are a load of good folks on this site still.. some I call the best of friends that would do anything for anybody. Sure there is a lot of fluff.. sure there is some difference of opinion. Sure there are some folks that don’t like each other. That’s life. It is what it is when you get this many people together.

And I know for a fact there was some of that back in the day talking to other folks. It’s just our minds are coded to remember the good old days and long for the positives. There is plenty of good folks and good happenings on this site but you just have to be around to experience it. You have to participate. You can’t sit in the stands and boo and throw stones. It’s really that simple.
                          This

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          Dang Smart. Your screen name may fit you! [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
                          Once in a blue moon it does

Hi Smart!

See below

Please also note that "Jennifer" (who likely seems to be a "character" in the charade) is NOT a member of this site, and specifically PLEASE do not confuse her with our long time and highly respected Nurse Jenn.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
                            I spy Moser, Jaspro and Frank for starters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            From left that's my buddy Michael, Rig, AZ (Austin Zabroky), Rob (AtThewall), Jason (Jaspro), Kurt (Buckspert?), I can't for the life of me remember the guy's name leaning on the buoy, Mike (BarnacleBill), and myself.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                              This

Once in a blue moon it does

Hi Smart!

See below
                              Hey! This is a brotherhood thread. What are you doing here?

Comment

As billy Joel once opined.
                                The good old days weren’t always good and tomorrow’s not as bad as it seems.
                                I fall into the trap of nostalgia too often, but it’s just change

Comment

Working...
                                X