No announcement yet.

When did the brotherhood stop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love an old timers get together for the ones that have been on here 12+ years.
    People can say what they want.... But, the threads, people, get togethers, etc. were much different years ago. Not even close these days to how it used to be. With growth comes pains.

We definitely had some of the greatest nut jobs on the web back then. Sure made for great entertainment.

One big differene is a lot of members had great redneck engineering skills. If something needed building or designing they could do it. Now, most just tell you where to go buy it.
    Last edited by Bayouboy; 03-24-2018, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
      Yes sir, I am the same. Just an old common redneck.[emoji23]

All the more reason to meet ya!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
        Now I am not calling anyone out and I do not want you too so let us keep this thread going please. Serious question though, when did the TBH "brotherhood" go south? Sometime in the past 2-3 years something changed. Most who have been around for many years are very trustworthy and know exactly what I am talking about. Now there are so darn many people who will not keep their word and overall only think of themselves rather than the greater good. Just yesterday a brother and I were visiting about this very thing. I truly miss the "old" TBH and conversing with many of you here but now, too many snowflakes have ran things a muck.

The proof is in the pudding so to speak in that how many people have gone to Bownanza over the past say 5 years? Are those numbers going up as membership increases or are the numbers going down?
        I agree, I been around for a lot of years. and I always talk about the stand up people on TBH, but I see a change. but it aint a good one....

Comment

This place is just like the show Wild Wild Country.

Comment

I’ve only been on here for about 5 years. In those 5 years I have met some really stand up people, never had one bad experience (except maybe the grammar police coming after me from time to time lol). I wish I would have found this site along time ago. I have learned a lot, bought more stuff than my wife thinks i should have and have had some good laughs. I know most don’t know me for I don’t post a lot on here. But I do get on here daily to check in on what’s going on in the world. I have never been able to make it to one of the Bownanza because of work but I’m going to make it one of this days. If nothing else just to meet some of the great people that I’ve only talk to thought here and never met face to face.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
              I would love an old timers get together for the ones that have been on here 12+ years.
              People can say what they want.... But, the threads, people, get togethers, etc. were much different years ago. Not even close these days to how it used to be. With growth comes pains.

Come on now BB! How many get togethers have you been to in the past 8-10 years? You have been to what 1-2 Bownanzas in the past 8-10 years? 1 in the last 5? And you are talking about the get togethers being different? The people being different at them?

Comment

Michael (BH) you snowflake. Quit your whining.

I like what Clint said - most of the stuff on here we have all seen before aka - what broadhead? Where do you hunt? High/low fence etc. etc.

Smart still posts a bazillion times a day - BoB is still the forever antagonist - Michael and Mary will still drop the hammer on us knuckleheads if we get to cranky in public.

It’s all good my man - now come to Bownanza next time and tell me how fat I’ve gotten

Comment

I'm coming next year so y'all can whip my azz

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                    I'm coming next year so y'all can whip my azz
                    I’m sure there are a couple of people who wouldn’t mind. I find most of your content comical however

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Come on now BB! How many get togethers have you been to in the past 8-10 years? You have been to what 1-2 Bownanzas in the past 8-10 years? 1 in the last 5? And you are talking about the get togethers being different? The people being different at them?
                      Why you think I don't go as much? I used to go yearly. Long before you were around.

And, the parking lot atmosphere does not compare to the old park with the pavillion, trees, grass, and vendors that would show.

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post
                        Michael (BH) you snowflake. Quit your whining.

I like what Clint said - most of the stuff on here we have all seen before aka - what broadhead? Where do you hunt? High/low fence etc. etc.

Smart still posts a bazillion times a day - BoB is still the forever antagonist - Michael and Mary will still drop the hammer on us knuckleheads if we get to cranky in public.

It’s all good my man - now come to Bownanza next time and tell me how fat I’ve gotten
                        Man, now Im really regretting missing the last few bownanzas. Still quite a few I saw but didnt actually meet.

Comment

When did the brotherhood stop?

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                          Why you think I don't go as much? I used to go yearly. Long before you were around.

And, the parking lot atmosphere does not compare to the old park with the pavillion, trees, grass, and vendors that would show.

Been here since mid 2005. First Bownanza was what 2002? Every time I have seen you aren’t going to make it you have a work or other plans excuse including this year in the main thread . Shall I go find the quote? That’s fine because life happens but is that the case or is it now because it’s “different”.

So just so we are clear... you haven’t been going to these events to experience the get togethers or the people there... but can tell us they are all different than years before and are subsequently not worth atending?

The old park was parking lot and grass. Some teams were set up on both. Same here. There is just more parking lot. Our family and friends of Team WingFajita/Kid Food and Dessert sat in the grass. And we cooked in the lot. Same good food, good conversation, good camaraderie, less ****~faced drunks.... just a larger setup.

And this year we put the teams closer together to give it a close knit feel. I could chunk a chicken wing across the walkway and hit Burnadell in Team GOF and Texas Grown in Team Fishhead if I wanted.
                          Last edited by Smart; 03-24-2018, 09:17 AM.

Comment

The Brotherhood stopped for me when I met Jason ( SMART ) And Jeff at the TTHA Show in Houston two years ago at the catfish pond. Spoke with them both. It all went downhill from there. HA Ha......great guys!!!!!! If I am searching the web I spend about 90% of that time on TBH. One of the best sites for Bowhunters, Weather, and other information. Always entertaining. Plenty of great people on here. I do not believe there are cliques here. I see it as Friends getting together with Friends. I have never been able to attend Bowanza due to Spring Break, Baseball, or Volleyball events going on. Next year I WILL make it. Someone help me hold myself to that!!!!! My son goes to A&M so really no excuse anymore.
                            Last edited by ByronB; 03-24-2018, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
                              The Brotherhood stopped for me when I met Jason ( SMART ) And Jeff at the TTHA Show in Houston two years ago at the catfish pond. Spoke with them both. It all went downhill from there. HA Ha......great guys!!!!!! If I am searching the web I spend about 90% of that time on TBH. One of the best sites for Bowhunters, Weather, and other information. Always entertaining. Plenty of great people on here. I do not believe there are cliques here. I see it as Friends getting together with Friends. I have never been able to attend Bowanza due to Spring Break, Baseball, or Volleyball events going on. Next year I WILL make it. Someone help me hold myself to that!!!!! My son goes to A&M so really no excuse anymore.

That is no way to talk about Fishndude..[emoji13][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                And this year we put the teams closer together to give it a close knit feel. I could chunk a chicken wing across the walkway and hit Burnadell in Team GOF and Texas Grown in Team Fishhead if I wanted.
                                Great! Now I gotta worry about be-n flogged by chicken bones.

Comment

Working...
                                X