Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody on ArcheryTalk too? Why so much hate from people on there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YANKEE'S.
    Nuff said.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
      I think it goes back to the early days of TBH when a feeling of community was established and some, my self included didn't use screen names. When you know people personally and are not hiding behind an anonymous pseudonym it's a lot harder to be over the top and outrageous.

Then Michael and Casey among others started to enforce a set of guidelines that discouraged the kinds of things you are talking about. Michael has been very clear from the beginning this isn't a free forum and while we want everyone to participate we need everyone to follow a set of guidelines to keep things civil and friendly.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      somebody stole my name before I could snatch it.....

I still think having your real name on your profile should be a requirement.....

Good to see you around and posting, sir.

Comment

I chose my screen name because Mike Cooper and Coop were both taken and it's my old email when I used to build bows. I have nothing to hide. I am "Squirrel" on AT because my name was taken there as well and since it was the nickname my grand-pap gave me when I was a kid. He gave me that name because every time he came to visit I was up in one of the maple trees in our yard. I used to love to climb trees. I use that on a few other forums for the same reason.

I am relatively new here but I have been on AT since 2008. I have noticed the last 5 years or so as more younger people get involved there the more it seems to take on the social media (Facebook, twitter, etc.) attitude. A person can say they like sharp broadheads and someone on AT will belittle their opinion haha.

As far as the Yankees comment (not Yankee's LOL) there are as many people not from the NE as there are from it on AT in my experience. I really think it's the social media public shaming, my opinion is more important than your opinion crap that is creeping into the posts and chasing people away.

Comment

Just don't be so sensitive

Comment

I don't go to that forum - I think it's for people who are into archery.

Comment

Unfortunately it seems this site is headed that way also... I've seen multiple times when someone post actual hunting threads and it'll get 10 comments.... but let someone post about cancelling their sons baseball practice because it's too cold outside and it'll get 10 pages of arguments ...
              Last edited by Mexico; 03-21-2018, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                I completely disagree with you, and think that posts like this are the problem.
                I'm confused. did you mean posts like his....or posts like yours?
                or perhaps THIS post?

Comment

I guess I'm still on Archerytalk but I can't remember the last time I was there. Lots of folks on there feel like their opinion should be taken as gospel.

Comment

There is another forum on the intraweb besides TBH? This is the only one I have ever know....since the white screen days...wait, did t Al Gore invent TBH?

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
                      I guess I'm still on Archerytalk but I can't remember the last time I was there. Lots of folks on there feel like their opinion should be taken as gospel.
                      That’s an ironic statement there...

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                        I'm confused. did you mean posts like his....or posts like yours?
                        or perhaps THIS post?
                        I was just playing devil’s advocate... which the folks on the Hawking post should get a chuckle out of...

Comment

I used to browse Archery Talk a lot. Bought and sold quite a bit there. Still look through the classifieds occasionally as I don’t have access to these as I am new/a lurker here.

They definitely do have their opinions though. . . . .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, I moderate in the classifieds there. All I can say is AT is a WHOLE lot bigger than TBH and no longer owned by the original founding family, like TBH is...

Comment

:Well I started out there.
                              Haven't been back since I found TBH
                              And that's all I have to say about that

Comment

Yes

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X