Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I miss my ole GMT sometimes...

Comment

I bought a Rolex 3 years ago when I hit a work milestone but never wear it anymore (personal decision). If you want/own a Rolex, no judgement here. But to say that it’s an investment doesn’t hold water. Sure, they may hold value or appreciate some but 99 times out of 100 that money would deliver a higher ROI if it was invested somewhere else. If you love luxury watches, get one, but let’s not confuse them with financial instruments.

OP - that’s a good looking watch!

Comment

Watch is a beauty. Not a fan of that particular bracelet though.

Comment

I sent you a PM. I am in process of selling a GMT very very similar to what you are buying.

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
            Never understood spending thousands on jewelry. All it does is tell time. I think, hmmm 10k how many guns or hunting stuff can I buy with that? Then i think I have enough stuff to kill the animals. I could go on several western hunts/adventures for that money
            I think you answered your own question. I'm sure there are many people out there that would never understand spending thousands on western hunts or other adventures. Nor would they understand spending that amount on guns and ammo.

Different strokes for different folks. No more no less. Nothing wrong with buying an expensive piece of jewelry or a nice watch (or firearm for that matter) that might could be a family heirloom one day.

Comment

I stopped wearing watches. I keep messing the face up. Just use my iPhone as a pocket watch. And I stopped worrying about being on time. I have clocks all over the place. Microwave, computer, phone, car... Why get a watch that Have to change the time on? I used to love watches.. Never thought about a 10k watch though. I did not know they could get that expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                I sent you a PM. I am in process of selling a GMT very very similar to what you are buying.

I’ll just responded to your email. Send me a text via cell.. 832-277-5725

I’ll have a look and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got any a normal working man can afford ?

Comment

Cool story, bro.

Comment

Wow I didn't realize they went for that. I guess not a bad investment

Comment

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post
                        I bought a Rolex 3 years ago when I hit a work milestone but never wear it anymore (personal decision). If you want/own a Rolex, no judgement here. But to say that it’s an investment doesn’t hold water. Sure, they may hold value or appreciate some but 99 times out of 100 that money would deliver a higher ROI if it was invested somewhere else. If you love luxury watches, get one, but let’s not confuse them with financial instruments.

OP - that’s a good looking watch!
                        I probably should have said, they don't lose their value like toys do.

I enjoy my sub when I wear it, getting ready to buy a used one from an ole boy who needs money.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                          That’s a sweet watch!!! I’m riding the fence on pulling the trigger on the Explorer II
                          That’s my daily driver, you won’t be disappointed.

Black or Polar?

Comment

I want a Batman GMT.

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
                              That’s my daily driver, you won’t be disappointed.

Black or Polar?

Polar

Sure is a good looking watch

Comment

The new Rolex GMT all Steel “Pepsi”

Originally posted by LROSE View Post
                                Do they have a lay-away plan?

Looks awesome...
                                Some day... Gonna get on that level !
                                It’s not really a level as much as being a watch guy or having a stupid amount of money and running out of stuff to spend it on. I can’t make myself spend more than $250 on a watch. My wife has bought me my “nice” watches with her money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by Black Ice; 03-25-2018, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X